Carmakers have done their best to improve the stock stereo systems of the cars that they manufacture over recent years. However, except in rare cases and top trims, factory-made stereo systems aren’t really that good. This means that your musical experience will be far from ideal. But don’t worry. It’s not a hopeless case. This is because you can always make it better without having to spend so much.
A good example of improving the stock car stereo system is adding a subwoofer.
This single piece of audio equipment can have a massive effect on stock car stereo systems. The added bass can completely transform the musical experience of your daily commute and make it more satisfying to listen to your favorite tunes while you’re on the go.
But subwoofers aren’t cheap, so you don’t want to get your money’s worth, and as far as value purchases go, it’s hard to beat JL Audio.
Being the Manufacturers of some of the industry’s leading subwoofers for more than three decades , JL Audio has proven that you don’t need to put a high price tag on a quality product. Instead, you can make something good and affordable at the same time.
With that said, you’ll find the best 5 JL Audio subwoofers listed below.
Best 5 JL Audio Subwoofers
While JL Audio has a reputation for manufacturing some of the most high-value subwoofers on the market, that doesn’t mean that they’re above putting our something that’s quite pricey. But even when they do it, you’re almost all guaranteed that it’s going to be a product worth the investment. The JL Audio 10 is a good example of that.
The JL Audio 10, or JL Audio 10W6v3-D4 to be precise, combines both excellent accuracy and response. But even if it’s quite powerful, it doesn’t really feel like one, and we mean that in a good way.
This is because it’s made out of a mineral-filled polypropylene cone, which is both a lightweight and durable material.
In addition to the high-quality mineral-filled polypropylene cone, the JL Audio 10 uses a cast-alloy basket to minimize distortion and maximize audio clarity.
All in all, the JL Audio 10 is the ideal subwoofer if you’re willing to pay a premium price.
- Power Range: 200W-600W
- Peak Power: 600W
- Frequency Response: 22-200Hz
- Sensitivity: 82.7dB
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- Small Sealed Enclosure Volume Requirements
- Very Long Linear Excursion Capability: 0.74 In / 18.8 mm, One-Way
- High Power Handling
- DMA-Optimized Motor Designs
- Mounting Depth: 6.89"
The JL Audio 10TW3-D4 serves as proof that a shallow subwoofer doesn’t have to sacrifice performance.
This is because, despite its small stature and shallow design, the 10TW3-D4 can produce clear and loud bass, which is quite rare.
In addition to this, the injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone and cast-alloy frame help guarantee that this subwoofer is going to last for a long time.
In addition to being durable and loud, the 10TW3-D4 also uses a Dynamic Motor Analysis system. The DMA is partly responsible for how clearly this shallow subwoofer can reproduce sound with minimal distortion.
- Power Range: 50W-100W
- Peak Power: 100W
- Frequency Response: 24-200Hz
- Sensitivity: 82.1dB
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- Nominal Diameter: 10 in (250 mm)
- Xmax: 0.60 in (15.2 mm) one-way, linear
- Recommended Power Range: 125 - 400 W
- Mounting Depth: 3.25 in (83 mm)
- Rec. Sealed Enclosure: 0.50 cu.ft. (14.3 l)
The W7 Series of products is JL Audio’s way of saying that they’re not just all about manufacturing affordable sub
woofers. This premium line of subwoofers aren’t the cheapest, but they’re worth every penny.
And though they’re available in a variety of sizes, we believe that the 12-inch driver of the JL Audio 12W7AE-3 and its reasonable price point makes it the ideal choice among the numerous sizes of the W7 series.
The JL Audio is capable of delivering limitless dynamics, amazing balance, and sound quality that will just blow you away.
- Power Range: 400W-1000W
- Peak Power: 2000W
- Frequency Response: 18-200Hz
- Sensitivity: 86.2dB
- Impedance: 3-Ohms
Are you looking to add a lot of bass to your car without really wanting to sacrifice trunk space? Well, look no more. JL Audio has got you covered with the JL Audio CP208.
The CP208 is basically made up of two elite short-travel subwoofers. But that’s not all. It’s also quite compact. The 5-inch deep low-profile enclosure belies the CP208’s power.
In fact, if installed and handled properly, the CP208 can perform just as well if not better than other heavier and bigger subwoofers, often at the same price point and even lower!
- Power Range: 500W
- Peak Power: 1000W
- Frequency Response: 28-250Hz
- Sensitivity: 83dB
- Impedance: 2-Ohms
- Active Dual 8W3v3-0.40 Subwoofer Drivers | Power Output: RMS: 500 watts | Built-in Proprietary Class-D amplifier | High quality Black vehicle carpet wrap | Mineral-filled polypropylene cone woofer
- Rubber surround | DMA optimized motor system | Elevated frame cooling | Vented reinforcement collar | Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM)
- Insert molded suspension, coil, and terminal-sub assembly | Surround stress relief design | Black Steel Mesh Grille Included | Slot-ported, Low-profile Enclosure | Extensive interior bracing
- 8 gauge OFC power and ground wiring is recommended for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits from our website when purchased together with this enclosure. | Dimensions: 36.625" W x 11.125" H x 5.125" D
- Built-in amplifier 500 W @ 0.20 Ω | Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: 70 mV - 1.40 V RMS | Input Voltage Range @ High-Level Inputs: 280 mV - 5.4 V RMS | Fuse Rating: 30 A (ATO or ATC) | Filter Modes: Low-Pass only | Filter Slope (dB/Octave): 12 dB | Filter Frequency Range: 50 - 200 Hz | Selectable Output Polarity Switch | Optional Remote Subwoofer Level Control: RBC-1
If you can make space for a 12-inch car subwoofer with a ported enclosure, then you might want to take a look at what the JL Audio CP212-W0V3 brings to the table.
What the CP212-W0V3 lacks in relative compatibility, it more than makes up for in power. Although the 600W peak power handling might not seem like much, even at 125W each, you’ll feel the bass, especially if you’re coming from a stock car stereo system.
But that’s not all. It’s not just loud, it’s also built to withstand such loudness for a long time. This is thanks to its mineral-filled polypropylene cone and generous amounts of surround.
To top it all off, the CP212-W0V3 comes with a gray carpet finish. This all but means that not only is it powerful, but you’re also going to get something that you won’t think twice to show off to your mates!
- Power Range: 150-600W
- Peak Power: 1200W
- Frequency Response: 22-250Hz
- Sensitivity: 86dB
- Impedance: 2-Ohms
- CP212-W0V3 - JL Audio 12" 12W0V3-4 Loaded Ported Enclosure with Gray Carpet Finish
- Power Handling: Peak: 600 watts | RMS: 300 watts
- Mineral-filled, polypropylene cone woofer for excellent durability
- Large roll surround for generous amounts of excursion
- Enclosure Dimensions: 15-3/4"TD x 20-5/16"BD x 31-3/8"W x 15-3/16"H
And there you have it, our picks for the top 5 best JL audio subwoofers on the market! JL Audio is one of the leaders in the market especially when it comes to subwoofers. They have a ton of great options, and have been producing top quality products for years! You can’t go wrong with one of JL Audio’s Subwoofer product lines!
Although one of these JL Audio subwoofers is bound to be better compared to others, especially if it fits your budget and preferences best, you’ll nevertheless find yourself satisfied with your purchase regardless of which one you end up buying – it’s JL Audio Afterall!
After all, it really doesn’t matter which JL Audio subwoofer you choose. You’ll still end up installing a new subwoofer in your car, and having an aftermarket subwoofer is still a lot better than having no subwoofer at all. With that being said, if you are in the market for some top tier quality subs to really give you that earth shaking bass, consider JL Audio – they’ve got a phenomenal selection!
Last update on 2020-08-12 at 06:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API