JBL offers a wide range of speakers varying from computer speakers to home audio speakers and even car speakers. More so, their reputation for producing top-notch products assures you that they offer what you have been looking for. It’s only mainly knowing what you want and what you prefer.
In addition, each of their products has varying degrees of unique and useful features and highlights which would cater to your needs and wants. Since JBL is an established brand, the last thing you’ll need to worry about is the quality of the product. You can rest easy knowing that the products are made with their customers in mind.
However, in this competitive era wherein every product has its charm, choosing a certain item might get confusing. This product review will feature one of JBL’s top-notch car speakers: the JBL GTO 609C component car speaker.
Product Features and Highlights
- Soft-Dome Tweeters – This feature highlights the oversized voice coils meant for smoother heat dissipation and good power capacity resulting in high-quality highs.
Plus One Carbon Injected Cones – The JBL GTO 609C component car speaker has carbon-injected cones that are bigger than the regular speakers in their size class. This means that they make more bass, thereby improving the sound quality of the item.
Patented I-Mount System – This feature allows you to adjust or mount the speaker as the patented I-Mount System comes with unrivaled flexibility.
Dual-Level Tweeter – This compensates with the less-than-perfect speaker placement by letting you able to adjust it according to your taste.
Low-Impedance – The three-ohm speakers are made for reparation for the thin, factory-installed wirings in cars. These coils also make the speakers provide greater output than factory-installed speakers within its class.
Apart from those, the JBL GTO 609C component car speaker also has:
- · A frequency response amounting up to 21 kHz that helps complement the speaker-placement induced variations inside the car.
- · A vented magnet assembly which helps with power handling and lessens power compression which affects the speaker’s overall sound.
- · A high sensitivity function, reaching up to 92dB @ 2.83/1m, which stimulates a wide range of power capacity for the over-all sound that will not override nor affect the audio system.
Overall, the JBL GTO 609C component car speaker is a great item. For a reasonable price, the item’s functionality and performance are indeed worthy of praise. While there are noticeable things that might be of concern, the product as a whole outweighs its slight imperfections.
It emits a clear, crisp, and loud sound. The sound range also ups the clarity and detail even at a low volume. That means that even though at a low volume, you can still hear the music and go with the jive as you’re driving in your car. Admittedly, the 6.5 speaker offers the lowest distortion performance assuring the exceptional sound resonating inside the car.
Additionally, this product can be easily installed and adjusted. Every unit is installation-ready, and the thing that would probably worry you the most is the positioning. That said, if you’re contemplating whether you wanted to change or an upgrade from your current speakers, the JBL GTO 609C can surely accommodate whatever changes you’ve been planning with it.
Due to the speaker’s compact construction, you can expect it to be highly durable. It’s built from carbon composite nonmagnetic frames which ensure its overall durability. As expected, this product from the GTO Series is built to last.
- Carbon-injected Plus One cones are larger than others in their size class, meaning they move more air and make more bass
- Soft-dome tweeters feature oversized voice coils for greater heat dissipation and higher power handling resulting in smooth, fatigue free highs
- The patented I-Mount system allows unparalleled flexibility whether you flush- or surface-mount your component tweeters
- A dual-level tweeter volume adjustment helps compensate for less-than-perfect speaker placement, and can even be set to suit your personal listening preference and musical taste
- Low-impedance, three-ohm speakers compensate for the undersized wires found in many of today’s cars, and make the most of every watt your car stereo can deliver
Lastly, the product is certainly worth spending. You get what you think you’ll get. You might think that it is quite pricey from the others; however, it’s actually worth paying a few dollars more in exchange for a good car speaker.
However, for some people out there, they might find the product small, especially the Tweeters. Therefore, it’s advised to check the specs first if you’re okay with its dimensions.
JBL has been in the industry and has been continuing to produce good quality speakers and other related products. The product mentioned above is one of those products manufactured by JBL.
If what you are looking for is a high-performance component speaker, then this one should be on top of your list. It offers excellent performance without distorting its overall quality. It’s very easy to install as well, and while some might find the dimensions small, the product itself is up to standards.
NOTE: If ever you get the short end of the stick and receive a faulty or defective product, you can always contact the manufacturer for a replacement.
Last update on 2020-04-05 at 22:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API