If you’re an audiophile motorist and your car’s stock speakers just aren’t cutting it, then you might want to consider buying this bad boy made by Infinity, an established name in the industry of high-end 3-way car speakers.
The Infinity Kappa 693.11i 6x9 Coaxial Speaker elevates your drive experience and makes a huge difference when it comes to giving your road trips the feel of a concert. Customers love it for its rugged design and superb sound quality. Let’s check it out even further.
- 6" x 9" Kappa Series 3-Way Car Speakers
- 1-inch Soft Dome Fabric tweeter design and 1-inch super tweeter
- Power Handling: Peak: 660 watts per pair / 330 watts each & RMS: 220 watts per pair / 110 watts each
- Plus One glass-fiber woofer cone technology with hi-roll rubber surround
- Carbon Injected Glass Fiber cone material
- Frequency response: 35-30,000 Hz
- Mounting height at 5-3/4 inches, mounting width at 8-5/8 inches, and mounting depth of 3-3/16 inches
- 2-Ohm impedance
- 96 dB sensitivity
- Top-mount depth at 3-3/16 inches
- Grilles included
- Power range: 5-110 watts RMS (330 Watts peak power)
Let’s start with the feature that most users have been raving about. With its power peaking up to 660 Watts and RMS power at 220 Watts, it is the most powerful and the loudest among 6x9 speakers of its class. Apart from that, it has the natural-sounding high-frequency output which makes vocals sound like the singer is with you in the car. Prepare your ears for a treat!
In addition to that, the Infinity Kappa 693.11i 6x9 Coaxial Speaker uses 1-inch soft dome tweeters with an edge-driven design. This design makes it capable of handling more power. This also enables the speaker to achieve smooth mids and clarity better than smaller “W” shaped domes found in competitor speakers.
Aside from that, it has 1-inch super tweeters which deliver crisp high-frequency sounds, realistic instruments, and sound placement which complements the large cone, giving you that concert feel which we have mentioned earlier.
Now, let’s talk about durability. The 693.11i is made of high-quality materials such as the glass fiber for its cone. The Carbon Injected Glass Fiber is lighter and much stronger compared to conventional woofer materials you find on the market.
Its stiffness retains the shape of its speaker baskets which makes it easier to mount even on irregular surfaces. These materials also allow the speakers to deliver punchy lows, low distortion, and clear highs without sacrificing its durability, therefore withstanding any pressure you throw at it.
Furthermore, its Plus One woofer technology gives it a bigger cone surface area compared to other speakers in its class. This, in turn, results in a more defined bass to go with the top-quality high-frequency response.
To top it all off, the speakers’ low impedance at 2 Ohms makes it easier to integrate into the factory-installed audio systems and wiring of your car. If you want to do that, then you shouldn’t have to worry about any compatibility issues...
- Excellent build quality
- Deep bass
- Crisp tweet
- Punches up the treble and bass
- Excellent clarity even when the volume increases
- High quality components
- UHF tweeter
- Versatile in terms of playing all music types
- Some costumers find it lacking in midrange frequency performance
- Issues with installation due to the poor fitting stock plastic basket.
- Might need to trim the basket to get a proper fit and some may require mounting adapters.
- The surrounding plastic can be a bit bulky
With all features considered, the Infinity Kappa 693.11i 6x9 Coaxial Speaker is the perfect upgrade to your factory-installed speakers. It’s loud and clean even when cranked up to max volume. You can get superior sound with Infinity’s world-famous sound depth (the highest highs and sweetest lows), all for a reasonable price.
Though many have complained about its fitting issues, it is still a highly recommended purchase based alone on the excellent balance of highs and lows which makes it the only speaker upgrade you’ll ever need.