Dual 12 inch subwoofers are incredibly popular among bassheads. They're on of the best ways to turn your ride into a rolling thunderstorm of bass. I mean think about it : two subwoofers can move more air and produce great bass than one subwoofer.
The downside, however, is that having a dual subwoofer box in your trunk will take a lot of space. You'll also notice that lots of nooks and crannies that were previously available are now impossible to get at, especially if your vehicle has a narrow trunk. This can be an inconvenience to the general use of one’s vehicle.
Another thing to keep in mind is that a dual subwoofer box designed to house in two 12" inch subwoofers for example can weight up to 30-60 lbs - weight whose fare you pay for at the gas station every time you fill the tank up.
So, if you're willing to forfeit your boot space to get bigger bass, then a dual 12 inch subwoofers package is for you.
To help you make an informed buying decision, we did the research and we figured out a few examples that make up the best dual 12 inch subwoofers of 2016.
So, without further ado, onto the reviews…
Dual 12 Inch Subwoofer Reviews
The MTX Audio Terminator TNE212D is one of the best selling dual 12 inch subwoofer packages on the market. It's very well-built, and most importantly it's very reasonably priced.
The MTX TNE212D would be a great investment for anyone who's looking to add bass to their vehicle's audio system and enjoy those hard hitting bass tracks without having to spend a fortune.
This sealed enclosure combines two great 12 inch subwoofers.
Each subwoofer can handle up to 200 watts RMS power, say 400 watts RMS for the entire enclosure.
These subs incorporate a heat dissipition mechanism called "Spider Plateau Venting", which is an efficient mechanical cooling process that allows the subwoofer to continually refresh the air around the voice coil helping to dissipate the heat generated during extended play.
The MTX TNE212D is a very well-engineered package. It combines great subwoofer design with perfect enclosure design to deliver bass that far exceeds expectations. The enclosure is made with extra-strength 5/8" MDF (medium density fiberboard) which is efficient at containing and withstanding the massive air pressure created by the two subs.
All in all, TNE212D is a pretty good unit for the money. These things hit hard. They aren't the loudest, most mirror-rattling, or window-shattering subs you'll ever hear. In other words, they're by no means competition subwoofers, but if properly powered, they'll make a night and day difference.
MTX TNE212D Specifications
- Box Type : Sealed
- Power handling
- RMS : 400 watts
- Peak : 800 watts
- Frequency Response : 37 - 150 Hz
- Weight : 56 lbs
- 5/8" MDF Construction
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 150Hz. Aviation Grade Carpet
- Embroidered Terminator Logo; Impedance: 2Ω
- Combines the sleek looks and power of a Terminator mono block amplifier with either a sealed enclosure
- Houses two 12-Inch Terminator subwoofers, TNP212D2, or a vented enclosure
The Dual BP1204 is another great dual 12 inch subwoofers package. This unit features a stylish design with its cool illuminite lighting system that provides a cool blue glow that makes your vehicle look as great as it sounds. The enclosure has a 12-volt input for powering the Illuminite system, as well as an on/off toggle switch so you can turn it on or off.
The subs mounted into this 3-chambered bandpass enclosure feature polypropylene cones with brushed chrome finish and treated foam surrounds.
These subs can handle up to 600 watts RMS combined and have a sensitivity rating of 87 dB.
We've had to chance to listen to the Dual BP1204 on various occasions, and this unit delivers deep, clean bass that far exceeds expectations especially considering its low budget.
Dual BP1204 Specifications
- Box Type : bandpass
- Size : (2) 12"
- Power handling
- RMS : 600 watts
- Peak : 1,100 watts
- Frequency Response : 30Hz - 200Hz
- Sensitivity : 87 dB
- Impedance : 4 ohms
- Weight : 56 lbs
- INCREASED OUTPUT CAPABILITY – specialized tuned port with computer aided design and 2.5” Voice Coils vastly increases output efficiency for your subwoofers providing you with consistent low sounding bass
- DIGITALLY OPTIMIZED SUBWOOFERS – are carefully crafted for efficient and accurate bass, providing power handling up to 1100 Watts of Peak Power, 600 Watts RMS at a 4 Ohm impedance and Frequency Range between 30Hz – 200kHz for unrivaled sound superiority
- CURVED PLEXIGLASS VIEWING WINDOW – illumiNITE design with Brushed Aluminum subwoofer cones create a surreal viewing experience
- SOUND MDF CONSTRUCTION – and top grade in-line carpet eliminates the vast majority of enclosure movement for streamlined sound quality via both 12 inch subwoofers for unmatched sound superiority on the road
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY – guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty with excellent customer service
This is what you can get if you're willing the shell out some serious dough. The Rockford Fosgate P1-2X12 is a bit expensive than most dual 12" inch subwoofer enclosures we listed here. However, it's a great bang for the buck.
This ported enclosure is made with rugged 5/8” MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in high density black carpet.
This vented enclosure uses an advanced port design that promotes generous air movement, while reducing distortion-causing port noise, so you can hear louder, deeper bass.
This enclosure is loaded with two Punch P1 12" subwoofers featuring paper cones reinforced with Kevlar fibers, supported by heavy duty rubber surrounds.
Their Heavy-duty motor structure and advanced cooling vents allow each of these hard-hitting subs to handle up to 250 watts RMS without flinching, which results in 500 watts RMS for the entire enclosure.
As for the downsides, it's really difficult to think of any. If anything, I'd say that this enclosure is a beast. It measures 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75". So, when you are checking dimensions, make sure it can fit easily into your car's trunk.
Rockford Fosgate P1-2X12 Specifications
- Box Type : Ported/Vented
- Power handling
- RMS : 500 watts
- Peak : 1,000 watts
- Frequency Response : 25 - 250 Hz
- Sensitivity : 86 dB
- Impedance : 2 ohms
- Weight : 70 lbs
- The P1-2X12 is a dual P1 12” SVC subwoofer in a vented enclosure that reproduces low bass frequencies accurately with high output SPL (Sound Pressure Level)
- The P1-2X12 vented loaded enclosure is Internally wired to create a 2-Ohm amplifier load with power handling of 500 Watts RMS / 1000 Watts Max
- Punch Loaded enclosures are constructed with durable 5/8" MDF material and feature a proprietary high-flow, low-noise port with high current binding posts for maximum signal flow to the speakers inside
- The P1-2X12 loaded enclosure measures at 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75" (HxWxD)
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
Last update on 2020-08-09 at 13:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API