Looking for the best double din head unit? You've come to the right place, we highlight some of the best ones out there!
One of the downsides of upgrading your car stereo system is the cost that goes into the head unit - if you really want to get a good one, you have to shell out some serious money.
However, there really are great products in every price range.
If you're a budget-minded shopper and don't want to splurge on the most expensive double din stereo out there, you don't need to feel left out. We've done the research so you don't have to, and we've figured out a few models that make up the best double din head unit of 2020.
If we missed a cheap double head unit you love, let us know in the comments!
Reviews of the Top 7 Best Double DIN Head Units
This is one of the best selling double DIN stereo on the market. This thing is beautiful and budget-friendly. At around $120, it’s not outrageous – and if you're on the lookout for a cheap double din head unit that doesn't break that bank, the FH-X820BS could be a great buy.
It's one of the best double din stereo at this price point.
The FH-X820BS is a full-featured double DIN stereo that's impressive in design and functionality. It features an LCD display with over 210,000 variable color choices and adjustable brightness levels.
With that in mind, you can adjust its look to better match your car's dashboard, your mood, or your style. Pioneer likes to brag about its patented, exclusive MIXTRAX feature, which basically turns your receiver's display into a multi-color display that's synchronized with your tunes.
This translates to a club-like atmosphere and DJ-style audio transitions from track to track.
Additionally, it's Bluetooth ready. Pair it with your smartphone and enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling and wireless music streaming. Freeing up your hands and letting you keep your eyes on the road. The FH-X820BS also supports “dual phone pairing” and “Guest Mode."
Dual Bluetooth feature allows two phones to automatically connect, make and receive calls and stream music from both phones when they're within Bluetooth range. Guest mode on the other hand, is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple Bluetooth enabled devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy pairing or deletion process.
The FH-X820BS has an amazing sounding EQ plus a 3 way variable Loudness and a multi-level Bass Boost.It's equipped with five-band EQ and seven preset curves so you can better fine tune your music to match your musical taste. Furthermore, the three pairs of RCA preamp outputs on the backside let you build a rocking system with external amps and subwoofers.
The FH-X820BS is simple – it’s practically simplicity personified. The head unit design is bare-bones, but not to a fault; Its buttons, functions and menus are easy to navigate although a brightly lit day will wash out the readability - at least to some extent.
All in all, this is a truly great cheap double din stereo for the price.All things considered.
Pioneer FH-X820BS Features
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- Built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth with dual phone pairing for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX & Variable color illumination
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- Remote control
- 5-band equalizer & 7 preset tone settings
- Siri Eyes Compatible
Coming from a reputable brand, the Sony XAV- AX100 features a 6.4 inch screen that comes with responsive touch controls that let you switch between functions. This touch screen is very responsive as compared to head units from other brands. The receiver will respond with just the slightest touch, but you need to ensure that the screen is clean.
The Sony XAV- AX100 offers hands free control for most functionality. Once installed in the car, you can make calls, start music, send texts, and do a range of other operations with the voice control.
When it comes to sound quality, Sony XAV-AX100 offers a powerful sound thanks to its 4 * 55 W Dynamic Reality amp. It is equipped with a built-in 10 band equalizer that allows you to customize the sound to your preference. Additionally, the dynamic stage organizer allows you to enjoy quality music from various setups on your dashboard.
What makes this double DIN head unit popular is the fact that it is compatible with both Apple and Android headphones. What’s more, this unit is rear reverse camera ready to help you pack your car in reverse.
Sony XAV100 AX-100 Features:
- 6.4” touchscreen
- Dynamic stage organizer
- Dynamic reality amp (4 * 55 W)
- 10 band equalizer
- Voice control with Android auto and Apple CarPlay
- AM/FM tuner: AM12/ FM18
- Voice control with Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- Control and view everything with the 6.4" touch screen.Tuner features preset:FM18/AM12
- Get powerful sound with the 4 x 55 W Dynamic Reality Amp. Audio Level Adjustment: Yes (-8 dB to +18 dB)
- Create virtual speakers on your dashboard with the Dynamic Stage Organizer
- Ergonomic rotary dial for distraction-free operation
This product offers a plethora of features and is compatible with both Android and iPhone devices. Overall, Pioneer is a brand you can rely on for quality audio. The Pioneer AVH-210EX is a premium head unit that includes an internal amplifier and lets you enjoy wireless audio streaming.
An impressive spec of this head unit is the built-in Bluetooth system that lets you play your favorite music via your smartphone. Plus, it enables you to make hands-free calling and other tasks without taking your eyes off the road.
Pioneer AVH-210EX accommodates a 6.2-inch screen that is responsive and displays easily accessible information. Plus, it has 5 display colors. However, reading information of the display can be difficult during bright days.
If you have two phones, you will appreciate the dual phone connection that lets you to connect two phones simultaneously, so you can use them both at once.
This model supports various digital media playback like CDs, Bluetooth and USB. This way, you can play music from numerous sources. Besides, when the parking brake is engaged, you will be able to watch DVDs.
The units is equipped with an internal amplifier and 13 band equalizer that provide numerous preset options, so you can customize the sound in your car to match your preference.
Pioneer AVH-210EX Features:
- Video remote control
- iPhone and android compatibility
- Built in Bluetooth
- Inputs: rear UBS input, back-up camera input, rear AUX input, wired remote input
- Outputs: composite video output
- 5 display colors with 112 key colors
- 13 band equalizer
- Advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)
The JVC KW-V830BT Double DIN head unit is a unique and a must have for all car enthusiasts who want to upgrade their vehicle’s entertainment system without breaking the bank.
It comes with a 6.8” VGA screen displayed with a bright LED light that makes it easy to read even on the darkest days. With this display, you can enjoy the benefit of viewing and navigating without straining your eyes. Plus, it comes with physical volume buttons for easy control.
One thing about the JVC KW-V830BT that will captivate the user is the exceptional sound quality that works best with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Unlike other double DIN head units, the JVC double DIN features the K2 technology that ensures great digital sound technology. Better yet, it is equipped with a high resolution audio playback.
It also comes with features like backup camera, quality audio playback, and Bluetooth connectivity. Not forgetting the maestro adapter that allows you to view helpful information about your vehicle like the engine codes.
JVC Double DIN Features:
- 6.8” LCD touchscreen display
- K2 technology for superior digital sound quality
- Subwoofer level controls
- Power output: Peak (50 watts * 4 channels) / RMS (22 watts * 4 channels)
- JVC kw-v85bt in-dash receiver + phone holder
- Power output: peak: 50 watts x 4 channels | RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
- 6. 8" Wide VGA display with CD text and MP3 ID3 tag
- Subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass Crossover controls
- High-resolution Audio playback
Alphine is a well-recognized manufacturer for quality automotive electronics and recently for automotive audio systems. The Alipine iLX-107 digital receiver features a 7-inch super responsive touchscreen that is very easy to use. Although it is on the expensive side, it is packed with great features that make it worth the investment.
In fact, it is the best choice if you are looking for the best user interface head unit. This is because it features the CarPlay that allows you to choose which apps will be displayed. It also has the ability to determine the most recently used apps, making it easier to browse and access the files.
An interesting feature is the built in amplifier that is designed to handle 50 watts of peak power in its 4 channels. Plus, the 3 preamp outputs provides more room should you decide to add subwoofers later on. Also, with the Alipine iLX-107, you can be assured that your factory controls are secured thanks to the iDatalink Maestro.
Alphine ILX 107 Features:
- Extra large 7 inch touchscreen
- Digital receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Built in Apple CarPlar
- Powerful GPS antenna for responsive map experience.
- Great user interface.
- Built-in 5Ghz Wi-Fi for wireless iPhone connectivity
- Built in amplifier (18 watts RMS/ 50 peak * 4 channels)
- Works with Apple CarPlay over Wireless / 9-band parametric EQ / Does not have a CD player
- 7" VGA display with capacitive touch screen / 6-channel time correction set by Alpine TuneIt App
- Compatible with Alpine TuneIt App for iPhone / Steering wheel remote control ready
- Steering wheel remote control ready / 3 Pre-Outs (2V)
- Keep factory controls with iDatalink Maestro Module / 50 Watts x 4
If you are looking for a versatile double DIN head unit, then you might want to consider the Pioneer AVH4200NEX 2-DIN receiver. The Pioneer brand is among the most innovative companies, and it is not surprising that the Pioneer AVH4200NEX made it to this list. This product is designed for any modern driver looking for a head unit with the latest technology and Bluetooth connectivity.
Featuring a 7-inch motorized display, the users will truly get an exceptional viewing and navigation experience. It also comes with two ports that let you connect two phones at the same time. It is compatible with smartphone operating systems like Android and iOS devices. Once connected, it plays your favorite music through Bluetooth or USB.
When it comes to inputs, this double DIN head unit can actually read memory cards, USBs, CDs and DVDs. What’s more, it is the only head unit that can play from the DVDs and route the signal to other screens.
Nonetheless, a downside of this unit is that you may encounter bug issues, and it may not recognize a command when you use the head unit’s control.
- 7-inch motorized display
- Built-in Bluetooth kit for wireless audio streaming and hands free calling
- Built-in iPhone, iPod and iPad control.
- DVD/CD receiver
- Inbuilt 14W-RMS amp and 50 watts * 4 channels.
- Did/CD receiver with Internal amp (14 watts RMS cea-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming; supports two phones at once
- Siri eyes free with compatible devices
- Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control -optional adapter required for viewing video content
- Works with Sirius Sxv300 tuner—supports new tune mix, traffic & weather now, and sports flash Features
This is what you can get if you’re willing to invest a bit of money. This receiver is made by Kenwood, a company known well for their high-end products. Of course, the first thing you’ll notice is the design.
The Kenwood DDX372BT double DIN stereo is going to be the most expensive pick of the lot by far. If you have read some of our reviews of Kenwood DDX Series stereos, you will know why.
You truly get a solid experience with these double DIN head units. The DDX372BT packs in even more features and entertainment options than most double DIN head units we reviewed so far, which account for a lot of the cost. The price isn’t anything to sneeze at, but this is a very well-engineered double DIN head unit.
Kenwood DDX-372BT features a 6.2" touchscreen with variable color button illumination, Bluetooth; back up camera hook-up, AM/FM, CD/DVD player, Pandora, etc. It also gives you voice control with compatible Siri-equipped iPhone.
Despite all its features, the user interface is pretty intuitive and user-friendly. It's just quick to jump into the menu to adjust audio settings, connect a new device, make a phone call, browse phone contacts or dial a number. And that's one of the things they love the most about DDX series of double DIN head units. To put it plainly, there's a lot to get distracted by on this head unit.
So, bear in mind to keep your eyes on the road.
When it comes to sound quality, the DDX-372BT delivers fantastic music even with factory speakers. It has eight preset EQ settings (rock, powerful, jazz, clear, etc.), a user configurable EQ, as well as 5-band equalizer. That said, you can customize the sound to better match your taste.
Kenwood DDX-372BT Features
- CD/DVD receiver & AM/FM tuner
- 6.2" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 5-band equalizer with eight preset EQ settings
- Inputs : rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear aux input, rear-view camera input
- Outputs : rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp output
- DVD/CD player with 6.2" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio Ready: Tuner and Antenna Required, Sold Separately
- PAC SWI-RC Steering wheel interface adapter included
- SOTS Air freshner Included in this package
Last update on 2020-01-27 at 06:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API