Looking for the best double din head unit? You've come to the right place, we highlight some of the best ones out there!
One of the downsides of upgrading your car stereo system is the cost that goes into the head unit - if you really want to get a good one, you have to shell out some serious money.
However, there really are great products in every price range.
If you're a budget-minded shopper and don't want to splurge on the most expensive double din stereo out there, you don't need to feel left out. We've done the research so you don't have to, and we've figured out a few models that make up the best double din head unit of 2020.
If we missed a cheap double head unit you love, let us know in the comments!
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Double DIN Head Units
This is one of the best selling double DIN stereo on the market. This thing is beautiful and budget-friendly.
At around $120, it’s not outrageous – and if you're on the lookout for a cheap double din head unit that doesn't break that bank, the FH-X820BS could be a great buy.
It's one of the best double din stereo at this price point.
The FH-X820BS is a full-featured double DIN stereo that's impressive in design and functionality. It features an LCD display with over 210,000 variable color choices and adjustable brightness levels.
With that in mind, you can adjust its look to better match your car's dashboard, your mood, or your style. Pioneer likes to brag about its patented, exclusive MIXTRAX feature, which basically turns your receiver's display into a multi-color display that's synchronized with your tunes.
This translates to a club-like atmosphere and DJ-style audio transitions from track to track.
Additionally, it's Bluetooth ready. Pair it with your smartphone and enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling and wireless music streaming. Freeing up your hands and letting you keep your eyes on the road. The FH-X820BS also supports “dual phone pairing” and “Guest Mode."
Dual Bluetooth feature allows two phones to automatically connect, make and receive calls and stream music from both phones when they're within Bluetooth range. Guest mode on the other hand, is a great feature for a family vehicle with multiple drivers or a driver with multiple Bluetooth enabled devices because it allows users to pair and delete devices easily without a lengthy pairing or deletion process.
The FH-X820BS has an amazing sounding EQ plus a 3 way variable Loudness and a multi-level Bass Boost.It's equipped with five-band EQ and seven preset curves so you can better fine tune your music to match your musical taste. Furthermore, the three pairs of RCA preamp outputs on the backside let you build a rocking system with external amps and subwoofers.
The FH-X820BS is simple – it’s practically simplicity personified. The head unit design is bare-bones, but not to a fault; Its buttons, functions and menus are easy to navigate although a brightly lit day will wash out the readability - at least to some extent.
All in all, this is a truly great cheap double din stereo for the price.All things considered.
Pioneer FH-X820BS Features
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- Built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth with dual phone pairing for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX & Variable color illumination
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- Remote control
- 5-band equalizer & 7 preset tone settings
- Siri Eyes Compatible
Coming from a reputable brand, the Sony XAV- AX100 features a 6.4 inch screen that comes with responsive touch controls that let you switch between functions.
This touch screen is very responsive as compared to head units from other brands. The receiver will respond with just the slightest touch, but you need to ensure that the screen is clean.
The Sony XAV- AX100 offers hands free control for most functionality. Once installed in the car, you can make calls, start music, send texts, and do a range of other operations with the voice control.
When it comes to sound quality, Sony XAV-AX100 offers a powerful sound thanks to its 4 * 55 W Dynamic Reality amp. It is equipped with a built-in 10 band equalizer that allows you to customize the sound to your preference. Additionally, the dynamic stage organizer allows you to enjoy quality music from various setups on your dashboard.
What makes this double DIN head unit popular is the fact that it is compatible with both Apple and Android headphones. What’s more, this unit is rear reverse camera ready to help you pack your car in reverse.
Sony XAV100 AX-100 Features:
- 6.4” touchscreen
- Dynamic stage organizer
- Dynamic reality amp (4 * 55 W)
- 10 band equalizer
- Voice control with Android auto and Apple CarPlay
- AM/FM tuner: AM12/ FM18
- Voice control with Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- Control and view everything with the 6.4" touch screen.Tuner features preset:FM18/AM12
- Get powerful sound with the 4 x 55 W Dynamic Reality Amp. Audio Level Adjustment: Yes (-8 dB to +18 dB)
- Create virtual speakers on your dashboard with the Dynamic Stage Organizer
- Ergonomic rotary dial for distraction-free operation
This product offers a plethora of features and is compatible with both Android and iPhone devices. Overall, Pioneer is a brand you can rely on for quality audio. The Pioneer AVH-210EX is a premium head unit that includes an internal amplifier and lets you enjoy wireless audio streaming.
An impressive spec of this head unit is the built-in Bluetooth system that lets you play your favorite music via your smartphone.
Plus, it enables you to make hands-free calling and other tasks without taking your eyes off the road.
Pioneer AVH-210EX accommodates a 6.2-inch screen that is responsive and displays easily accessible information. Plus, it has 5 display colors. However, reading information of the display can be difficult during bright days.
If you have two phones, you will appreciate the dual phone connection that lets you to connect two phones simultaneously, so you can use them both at once.
This model supports various digital media playback like CDs, Bluetooth and USB. This way, you can play music from numerous sources. Besides, when the parking brake is engaged, you will be able to watch DVDs.
The units is equipped with an internal amplifier and 13 band equalizer that provide numerous preset options, so you can customize the sound in your car to match your preference.
Pioneer AVH-210EX Features:
- Video remote control
- iPhone and android compatibility
- Built in Bluetooth
- Inputs: rear UBS input, back-up camera input, rear AUX input, wired remote input
- Outputs: composite video output
- 5 display colors with 112 key colors
- 13 band equalizer
- Advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP)
- 6. 2" WVGA Touchscreen with LED Backlight Display
- Bluetooth hands-free calling & audio streaming
- 5-Band Graphic Equalizer
- Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming
The JVC KW-V830BT Double DIN head unit is a unique and a must have for all car enthusiasts who want to upgrade their vehicle’s entertainment system without breaking the bank.
It comes with a 6.8” VGA screen displayed with a bright LED light that makes it easy to read even on the darkest days. With this display, you can enjoy the benefit of viewing and navigating without straining your eyes. Plus, it comes with physical volume buttons for easy control.
One thing about the JVC KW-V830BT that will captivate the user is the exceptional sound quality that works best with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Unlike other double DIN head units, the JVC double DIN features the K2 technology that ensures great digital sound technology. Better yet, it is equipped with a high resolution audio playback.
It also comes with features like backup camera, quality audio playback, and Bluetooth connectivity. Not forgetting the maestro adapter that allows you to view helpful information about your vehicle like the engine codes.
JVC Double DIN Features:
- 6.8” LCD touchscreen display
- K2 technology for superior digital sound quality
- Subwoofer level controls
- Power output: Peak (50 watts * 4 channels) / RMS (22 watts * 4 channels)
- JVC kw-v85bt in-dash receiver + phone holder
- Power output: peak: 50 watts x 4 channels | RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
- 6. 8" Wide VGA display with CD text and MP3 ID3 tag
- Subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass Crossover controls
- High-resolution Audio playback
Alphine is a well-recognized manufacturer for quality automotive electronics and recently for automotive audio systems. The Alipine iLX-107 digital receiver features a 7-inch super responsive touchscreen that is very easy to use. Although it is on the expensive side, it is packed with great features that make it worth the investment.
In fact, it is the best choice if you are looking for the best user interface head unit. This is because it features the CarPlay that allows you to choose which apps will be displayed.
It also has the ability to determine the most recently used apps, making it easier to browse and access the files.
An interesting feature is the built in amplifier that is designed to handle 50 watts of peak power in its 4 channels. Plus, the 3 preamp outputs provides more room should you decide to add subwoofers later on. Also, with the Alipine iLX-107, you can be assured that your factory controls are secured thanks to the iDatalink Maestro.
Alphine ILX 107 Features:
- Extra large 7 inch touchscreen
- Digital receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Built in Apple CarPlar
- Powerful GPS antenna for responsive map experience.
- Great user interface.
- Built-in 5Ghz Wi-Fi for wireless iPhone connectivity
- Built in amplifier (18 watts RMS/ 50 peak * 4 channels)
- Works with Apple CarPlay over Wireless / 9-band parametric EQ / Does not have a CD player
- 7" VGA display with capacitive touch screen / 6-channel time correction set by Alpine TuneIt App
- Compatible with Alpine TuneIt App for iPhone / Steering wheel remote control ready
- Steering wheel remote control ready / 3 Pre-Outs (2V)
- Keep factory controls with iDatalink Maestro Module / 50 Watts x 4
If you are looking for a versatile double DIN head unit, then you might want to consider the Pioneer AVH4200NEX 2-DIN receiver. The Pioneer brand is among the most innovative companies, and it is not surprising that the Pioneer AVH4200NEX made it to this list.
This product is designed for any modern driver looking for a head unit with the latest technology and Bluetooth connectivity.
Featuring a 7-inch motorized display, the users will truly get an exceptional viewing and navigation experience. It also comes with two ports that let you connect two phones at the same time. It is compatible with smartphone operating systems like Android and iOS devices. Once connected, it plays your favorite music through Bluetooth or USB.
When it comes to inputs, this double DIN head unit can actually read memory cards, USBs, CDs and DVDs. What’s more, it is the only head unit that can play from the DVDs and route the signal to other screens.
Nonetheless, a downside of this unit is that you may encounter bug issues, and it may not recognize a command when you use the head unit’s control.
- 7-inch motorized display
- Built-in Bluetooth kit for wireless audio streaming and hands free calling
- Built-in iPhone, iPod and iPad control.
- DVD/CD receiver
- Inbuilt 14W-RMS amp and 50 watts * 4 channels.
- Did/CD receiver with Internal amp (14 watts RMS cea-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming; supports two phones at once
- Siri eyes free with compatible devices
- Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control -optional adapter required for viewing video content
- Works with Sirius Sxv300 tuner—supports new tune mix, traffic And weather now, and sports flash Features
This is what you can get if you’re willing to invest a bit of money. This receiver is made by Kenwood, a company known well for their high-end products. Of course, the first thing you’ll notice is the design.
The Kenwood DDX372BT double DIN stereo is going to be the most expensive pick of the lot by far. If you have read some of our reviews of Kenwood DDX Series stereos, you will know why.
You truly get a solid experience with these double DIN head units. The DDX372BT packs in even more features and entertainment options than most double DIN head units we reviewed so far, which account for a lot of the cost. The price isn’t anything to sneeze at, but this is a very well-engineered double DIN head unit.
Kenwood DDX-372BT features a 6.2" touchscreen with variable color button illumination, Bluetooth; back up camera hook-up, AM/FM, CD/DVD player, Pandora, etc. It also gives you voice control with compatible Siri-equipped iPhone.
Despite all its features, the user interface is pretty intuitive and user-friendly. It's just quick to jump into the menu to adjust audio settings, connect a new device, make a phone call, browse phone contacts or dial a number. And that's one of the things they love the most about DDX series of double DIN head units. To put it plainly, there's a lot to get distracted by on this head unit.
So, bear in mind to keep your eyes on the road.
When it comes to sound quality, the DDX-372BT delivers fantastic music even with factory speakers. It has eight preset EQ settings (rock, powerful, jazz, clear, etc.), a user configurable EQ, as well as 5-band equalizer. That said, you can customize the sound to better match your taste.
Kenwood DDX-372BT Features
- CD/DVD receiver & AM/FM tuner
- 6.2" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 5-band equalizer with eight preset EQ settings
- Inputs : rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear aux input, rear-view camera input
- Outputs : rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp output
- DVD/CD player with 6.2" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio Ready: Tuner and Antenna Required, Sold Separately
- PAC SWI-RC Steering wheel interface adapter included
- SOTS Air freshner Included in this package
Another head unit and another one from Pioneer. Pioneer are just that good when it comes to head units. Their products really are top tier!
The Pioneer DMH-1500NEX, in particular, could very well be the best double-DIN head unit available out there.
Mind you, not just one of the best, but THE best.
Well, let’s start with the highly responsive and user-friendly 7-inch touchscreen. Sure, it’s not the largest out there, but it’s one of the best. Also, unlike other touchscreens, the DMH-1500NEX is relatively easy to install. You can even do it yourself too, especially since the instruction manual is so detailed that it even comes with diagrams.
Considering that it also supports Bluetooth, as well as USB connectivity, and even comes with an extra AUX port, in addition to AM/FM and Sirius XM features, the DMH-1500NEX will let you listen to the music that you want however you want.
That is, outside of the listening to songs via CDs and DVDs.
Then again, that’s a small price to pay, especially since you can still connect to the DMH-1500NEX using any smartphone because it supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Pioneer DMH-1500NEX Features
- 7” WVGA Display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Amazon Alexa Built-in when Paired with Pioneer Vozsis App
- Apple CarPlay Compatible
- Android Auto Compatible
- WebLink Compatible
- Navigation Ready
- Works with Pandora, SiriusXM Ready
Eonon might be one of the more obscure names when it comes to head units, but their products are not to be underestimated.
The Eonon GA20180A, in particular, comes jampacked with tons of features.
For starters, this relatively unknown head unit supports GPS, USB and Micro SD input, video output, as well as 12 AM and 18 FM presets for radio stations. But, what really makes the Eonon GA2180A worth of inclusion is the fact that it comes with everything that you’ll need to install it inside your car.
In addition to the manual, it comes with cables and accessories, including an external microphone, a GPS antenna, and a USB extension harness, as well as a 15A fuse.
Easy to use and customize, the 7-inch HD touchscreen is also quite large.
While the GA2180A might not have ALL the features found in more expensive head units, that’s the good thing, it’s relatively affordable.
If you’re looking to modernize an older unit but you’re on a budget, be sure to give this one a try!
Eonon GA2180A Features
- CPU: MTK 8227L 1.2GHz ARM A7 Quad Core / RAM: 2GB / ROM: 32GB
- Support app installation
- Apple CarPlay
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 🚙【🧡Cyber Monday, The Biggest Promotion of 2020!🧡】Buy One Car Radio, Get 3 Accessories. Please Contact Us Firstly, Please Be Sure to Contact us in Advance to Get Them. (A0119 CAMERA, V0056 OBD2 and R0015 DASH CAM). Accessories Will Be Shipped Separately. If you need more Eonon products, please click: https://www.amazon.com/eonon. Email Address: us email@example.com
- 🚙【Do More at the Same Time】 Ability to stream Spotify and Pandora from your phone via Bluetooth to enjoy millions of songs you like, and make hands-free calling while driving. Apart from supporting the display of song information and phone book, the head unit also supports searching contacts rapidly.
- 🚙【A Smart Way to Use Your Phone in the Car】It takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on car stereo display. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music with just a word or a touch. Stay focused on the road. Just connect your iPhone and go. (Compatible with iPhone 5 and later.)
- 🚙【Real You Can Feel It】 Split screen mode allows running two apps side by side. You can use Spotify while navigating, or visit the website while listening to the radio.
- 🚙【A Smart Way to Use Your Phone in the Car】 7 inch IPS touchscreen not only show you a HD picture quality, But also give you precise fingertip control experience with its special touch-button design. Easy to operate. › See more product details
Does the name ring a bell? No? Well, yeah, it probably wouldn’t.
Sarcch isn’t likely going to become the next big thing when it comes to double DIN head unit, but one of their products is one of the best double DIN head units out there.
At a price point that’s around a quarter of what the other head units on our list sell for, this head unit from Sarcch is an excellent replacement for an aging car’s stock head unit. In fact, one could argue that it’s just as capable as the other more expensive head units on our list. This is especially since it comes with a large 7-inch screen and a Mirror Link function.
This function lets you pair the head unit with any smartphone, whether it’s on Android or Apple.
The head unit also supports rearview cameras.
All in all, this double din car stereo is an excellent value and a can’t miss for people who are looking for a quick and cheap touch-screen replacement to their car’s stock head unit.
Sarcch Double Din Car Stereo Features
- Capacitive 5-Points Touch Screen.
- Support Steering Wheel Control and Support IR wireless remote control.
- Built-in BT for Wireless Music Streaming, built-in Microphone for hands-free Calling.
- Support two-way Video output function.
- Amplifier Max Output Power: 60 Watts. FR/FL/RR/RL 4-channel audio output 50W X 4 surround stereo
- Size and Tools: The Car Dual-Core MP5 Stereo Size(Fixed Panel) is 7.01(W) x 2.45(L) x 3.94(H)inch, please check your car radio size with our product before ordering, bundle tools: a free back up camera,car tuning tools. help your driving and parking safer.
- Multifunction: Compatible with BT stereo car and hand free calling, FM Radio, USB, TF Card(Up to 32G), AUX IN, music player, video player, and reversing camera
- Inputs：USB /SD/AUX input. car audio receivers support vast USB/SD storage equipment,you can download the songs and videos you like into the storage equipment to play. AUX audio input,support external aux(3.5mm plug) to input into the audio,such as navigation,MP3,MP5.mobile phone audio ect,input through the front terminal AUX audio,output sound from the car's high powers horn. Charging function,the USB interfaces are support of most tranches of cellphones's charging,no worries about having no。
- Phonelink and navigation: Support PhoneLink and navigation function for most the android cell phone and iPhone, you can control cell phone via the big screen of stereo, it had better to use the original cellphone cable for avoiding disconnecting.please note:Only Support Below Android system 9.0, iphone 8 Plus or below is applicable.other versions will be supported in the future. the stereo is not a GPS unit.
- The line of the car stereo is a bit complicated, each color is connected with different functions, please compare with our picture or installation manual /Video to install patiently.We supply detailed user manual, and FAQ.24-hour technical support before purchasing and after sales
Most cars sold within the last two decades or so have enough space on their dashboards to fit a double-DIN car stereo.
This means that there’s really no reason to upgrade to a capable double-DIN unit.
Not only will it help make your older car look more modern or your new car look better, but it’ll also improve its functionality. Most double DIN head units come with large capacitive touchscreens that let you navigate through city streets and the open road with ease without having to look down on your iPhone!
That and its jam-packed variety of features really make these products worth the upgrade!
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API