Looking for the best touch screen car stereo? You've come to the right place.
The market has exploded in recent years, with a proliferation of touch screen car stereos that can cater to your every need. The problem is: there are just too many of them.
When you have that many car stereos, there's an awful lot of rubbish you need to wade through to find what you're looking for. Thankfully we're here to alleviate the pain and deliver a definitive list of the best touch screen car stereos on the market.
Luckily for you, we’ve done the research so you don't have to. We've spend many hours curating the top touch screen car stereos for every purpose and we've figured out a few examples that make up the best touch screen car stereos of 2015.
If you have any suggestions for your choice for the best touch screen car stereo that we’ve missed, get in touch through the comments below or reach us on the contact page!
So, without further ado, onto the list…
Reviews of the 7 Best Touch Screen Car Stereos
Any of these would be great purchases. Much of it comes down to personal preference. Like with any product, you can get some really, really nice stereos if you’re willing to shell out some serious dough, but there really are great products in every price range.
The DDX-372BT is a slightly less expensive, slightly less sophisticated version of the DDX-9702S. This head unit feels a bit bulkier and a lot less sleek. You don’t get the same futuristic feel from the DDX-372BT’s design.
The brother of the DDX-9702S, the main apparent difference between that receiver and this is its screen size. Yes, both of these are double DIN stereos, but because the DDX-372BT has a relatively large touch control panel and a CD/DVD slot on the front, its screen size was shrunk to just 6.2 inch wide compared to 7 inches of the DDX-9702S.
Admittedly, both are great car stereos, and the DDX-372BT is about $200 less and has a volume knob if that's what you prefer.
While the DDX-372BT doesn't pack as many features as its high-end sibling, it's still a great deal for the price. We do think you get a lot of bang for your buck with this receiver. However, its offered features are geared toward the average user.
Kenwood DDX-372BT Features
- 6.2" touch screen with variable color button illumination
- Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 5-band equalizer with 8 preset EQ settings
- inputs : rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear aux input, rear-view camera input
Going back to the Pioneeer school of touch screen car stereos and double DIN car stereos. If you frequent any of the popular vehicle audio forums, you’ll notice that the name Pioneer comes up quite a bit.
These car stereos just seem to hit the sweet spot for a lot of guys. They are popular (the “AVH” series in particular seems to be well-liked).
The AVH-X5700BHS features a bright, motorized 7" LCD screen with variable color choices and backgrounds.
The display's angle can be easily adjusted with a touch of a button ensuring you'll have the perfect viewing angle in your driving position. When you're parked, you can play video content in bright, clear detail. And when you're hitting the road with the family on that vacation or with friends on a camping trip, you can take advantage of the dual zone feature and entertain the back seat passengers with a movie while you enjoy your collection of music on the front seats. Additionally, with the two camera inputs, you can connect a rear-view camera and another camera for side views - this will come in very handy if you have a large vehicle or if you're towing a load.
The AVH-X5700BHS also features Bluetooth® technology for hands-free calling and wirelss music streaming , HD Radio™ tuner, as well as Siri Eyes, and on top of everything else, it's MirrorLink™ ready.
No matter what you're listening to, you can count on exceptional sound from the AVH-X5700BHS, with its 13-band equalizer, plus an auto-equalization feature and a digital time alignment. To put it plainly, the AVH-X5700BHS is set to rock!
Also, this touch screen car stereo is good looking. It’s an excellent addition to any car's dashboard, and it will certainly impress people when they get inside your car. All in all, it’s a solid head unit for a great price.
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS Features
- 7" motorized touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments (fits double-DIN dash openings)
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Built-in HD Radio tuner
- Multi-color illumination with MIXTRAX audio and visual effects
- 13-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- Inputs: rear USB input, rear-view camera input, rear composite A/V input (for the 2nd camera) ,rear minijack A/V input.
- Remote control
- DVD/CD Car Reciever with WIRELESS BLUETOOTH technology, Built-In HD RADIO & 7" MOTORIZED touchscreen display, fits DOUBLE-DIN dash opening
- Siri Eyes Free with compatible iPhones & Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control & playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Plays Audio/Video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory device
- Multi-Color Illumination with MIXTRAX audio and visual effects with 5 Display colors and 112 key panel illumination options
- COMPATIBLE with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner & MirrorLink, Pandora Internet radio control (Not Included)
This car stereo is as good as any other Pioneer car stereo unit. Built with a magnificent 6.2-inch WVGA backlit screen display, it makes every text in the screen readable.
It has a built-in 13 channel graphic equalizer, making it easy for users to view concretely and control which frequency you prefer.
The excellent hands-free calling as well as audio streaming feature make them one of the best choices of car owners. You may be able to buy the DVD receiver with a backup camera. However, you may also just buy the DVD receiver only if you already have the camera, since it is so simple to hook it up to the unit.
Although drawbacks have been seen by some users, like videos not playing right when USB is being used, many are still considering this unit to be one of their top choices. Nevertheless, it is an amazing product, with the added fact that you can play your favorite music through Spotify, ads-free even without Wi-Fi if you are a Premium user.
PIONEER AVH-X2800BS Touch Screen Car Stereo features:
- DVD/CD receiver has an internal amp that delivers quality sounds
- Has a built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling as well as audio streaming
- It can support two phones at once
- Can do voice over commands with the Siri eyes-free feature
- With built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- Works well with SiriusXM Sxv300 tuner that supports traffic & weather now, new tune mix, and sports flash Features
- Dvd/CD receiver with Internal amp (14 watts RMS cea-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming; supports two phones at once
- Siri eyes free with compatible devices
- Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control -optional adapter required for viewing video content
- Works with SiriusXM Sxv300 tuner—supports new tune mix, traffic & weather now, and sports flash Features
This XAV-AX100 helps you as you hit the road, without you taking hands off the wheel. With Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, you get directions, connect with your contacts, and manage audio playback with voice commands.
Its powerful amplification makes the music seem to be so refined that you hear them clearly and dynamically even at higher volumes.
What we like best about this receiver is that you can expand your sound system set up by adding in amplifiers and sub-woofers, whatever you prefer.
It comes with a 10-band equalizer that lets you customize your sound, and hear your music the way you want to.
If we could add one more feature to this unit, I’ll put in something to let you change the theme or color of the display and buttons, and customize things according to your mood and music.
Sony XAV-AX100 Touch Screen Stereo Receiver features:
- Has a voice control through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Designed with a 6.4" touch screen that lets you control and view everything.
- Creates powerful sound with the 4 x 55 W Dynamic Reality Amp
- Generates virtual speakers on your dashboard with the Dynamic Stage Organizer
- Comes with a user-friendly digital rotary dial to free you from distraction during driving
Another great pick for one of the best touch screen car stereo is the JVC KWV140BT. This JVC unit is great for its price.
The touch screen is nicely responsive, and installation is a piece of cake without any gimmicks.
It is fabricated with K2 technology for enhanced digital sound quality, a JVCKENWOOD’s original technology which reproduces original master sound by expanding the frequency range and the bit rate.
Just look for and choose the song you want to hear from the folder name and song name lists. I love the capability of the stereo to connect up to 5 Bluetooth devices simultaneously letting you and your friends take turns in streaming music like a DJ.
JVC KWV140BT Double Din Touch Screen Stereo features:
- Comes with Bluetooth for iPhone and Android.
- Screen size is 6.2", appears to be an outsized VGA for a simple manipulation
- Has a monitor touch control and a customizable GUI with a multilingual display, making it easy for all car drivers to understand and use according to their preferred language
- Compatible with every music and photo format, MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, AAC, JPEG, MPEG compatible.
- Has a built-in Bluetooth and hands-free calling
- Able to support 2 phones for audio streaming & control, full-time connection, voice dialing and others
- Comes with Pandora, Spotify control, a USB port for music playback and 1.5a charging.
- Capable of tuning into AM/FM radio.
- Equipped with a rearview camera input.
- Has an amazing backup memory.
- Includes wireless remote control read, steering wheel control ready and remote control application for smartphones.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology (Wired-Mic included)
- Bluetooth Auto Pairing via Smartphone Charging Cable
- Hands Free Call (HFP1.6 Wideband Speech)
- Audio Streaming & Control (A2DP, AVRCP)
- Voice Recognition Dialing
This model offers 13-band graphic equalizer, which can hold 2 custom curves.
Plus, it offers DTA or digital time alignment, a key feature for installations that targets great sound quality.
Like any other Pioneer brand, you may purchase it alone or with a backup camera. It works great with Music, Maps Navigation and Siri.
The AVH-4500nex DVD receiver integrates NEX or "Network Entertainment Experience", an innovative combo of cloud-based services and built-in features which connect with one’s tablet or smartphone to offer familiar interfaces and apps when you are in the car.
Though this is a nice stereo, some downsides are noticeable. One of which is, if there is a bad file in the SD or USB stick, the deck will stop up and it will not be able to play the next file so you have to power on/off the deck to recover.
Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX Double DIN Car Stereo features:
- Created with a built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Also supports 2 phones at once
- Has a Siri eyes-free feature
- With built-in iPhone, iPad, and iPod control
- Works with Sirius Sxv300 tuner which can support new tune mix, traffic & weather updates and sports flash features
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Works with wireless and wired Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- Works with SiriusXM SXV300 Tuner -- supports tune mix, traffic & weather now, and sports flash features
With this DDX26BT, you can enjoy easy control of popular apps like Pandora and Spotify, built-in Bluetooth feature for hands-free calling as well as for streaming music, and it allows you to make use of your smartphone as your wireless remote control.
It is super easy to set up and pair with your phone, making it flawless for calling and music playback. The audio quality is fantastic and surprising.
There are many EQ presets plus a user-configurable EQ to customize sound. It has this loudness on/off feature, volume offset, bass boost and high pass & low pass filters if you are to run some subwoofer on dedicated channels.
The user interface is superb. It is easy to use, making it quick to jump into settings in order to connect new device, adjust audio, or make a phone call.
However, the screen resolution is not great at 800x480. The screen seems to be blacked out by direct sunlight so there is a need to adjust its angle to be able to view the screen clearly.
Kenwood DDX26BT Touch Screen Car Stereo features:
- With a 6.2" liquid crystal display that is touchscreen and a resolution of 800 x 480, creating the screen clear to examine and navigate
- Has a Siri Eyes-Free Control
- Able to do direct iPod and iPhone control
- Compatible with a standard USB-to-iPod Cable and USB-to-Lightning Cable
- 6. 2" Wvga clear-resistive touchscreen with variable-color button illumination
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- 1 A/V input (optional ca-c3av)
- Built-in iPad/iPod/iPhone control
- Rearview camera input with parking guidelines
What are the Benefits of a Touchscreen Car Stereo?
If you are wondering (like I was), whether it's worth it to put a large-screen receiver in your dash? Here are a few good reasons to consider upgrading to a touch screen head unit. First of all, fantastic looks are a great starting point. Don't get me wrong, the look isn't the only advantage to a large touchscreen on your dashboard. There’s so much more you can get from a double-sized stereo. For example, you have various expansion and entertainment options like dual-zone functionality, nice big display for viewing videos when you're parked, navigation and a rear-view/side-view camera.. etc. And most importantly, you can see all the information you need at a single glance, ensuring your safety on the road.
Rear-view camera for safety
Rear-view camera (also known as backup camera or reversing camera), it's built specifically for the purpose of being attached to the rear of your vehicle to aid in backing up, avoid a Backup collision, and to alleviate the rear blind spot.
Having a Rear-view camera attached to your double-sized stereo will make it a valuable tool against accidents because the area that is directly behind your vehicle has been described as a "killing zone".
You may have a clear field of view with all of your vehicle mirrors combined, but it can be hard to keep track of everything that's going on behind.
To the contrary, a rear-view camera with its wide field of view offers a whole lot more of what’s behind you than using your mirrors, and you won’t have to turn your head.
Some rear-view camera manufacturers aren’t afraid to push the envelope. Their cameras offer an added degree of safety over ordinary cameras : moving object detection system - which is a self-explanatory terms. It means alerting you whenever a moving object is behind or to the sides of your vehicle. You’ll see the items outlined and tracked as they move across the display, and hear audible alerts that increase in frequency as you get closer to these objects.
Nice big display
Interacting with a large screen stereo is much more easier and safer than trying to read a 2- or 3-line displays of a typical car receivers. Believe me, it's just a whole different experience. It will make your life a lot easier when you're on the road. Bigger icons, split-screen capability, and more screen real estate add up to a satisfying car audio experience. You'll be able to keep your eyes on the road a whole lot better if you're not squinting at your receiver display, or waiting for the info to scroll by. All in all, everything you do with your receiver is easier and more convenient when you have a large, touchscreen interface.
You're a man on the go. You don't want to miss your calls, but you don't want to pull over to answer a phone call, and most importantly, you want to avoid getting penalty points, or a hefty fine for using your phone while driving, if that's you, then you should be looking for a car stereo with Bluetooth capability. Bluetooth lets you enjoy hands-free conversation and wireless audio streaming using your compatible phone. With a big touch screen on your dashboard, you'll also be able to see caller information and pick up your calls with a touch of a button.
User-friendly HD Radio™
HD radio isn't exclusive to double DIN stereos. Many single DIN car stereos are also equipped with this feature. However,it's just a whole different experience with a large touch screen stereo. You’ll see album art and station logos from broadcasters, artist and album info. Additionally, you can tag songs for later purchase from iTunes® right on the radio.
This is one of the best features of having a large screen. I mean it makes life a lot easier going through the menus and settings. Whether you’re looking for a song on your iPod, a favorite satellite radio station, or you want to tweak EQ settings, a big, colorful touchscreen makes finding functions intuitive and simple.
Not all touch screen stereos come with this feature.We believe that it's not a necessary feature unless you want to separate the rear-seat entertainment from the front. This actually will come very handy when you're travelling with family on those long trip and you want the backseat passengers to listen to their tunes or watch movies on a second monitor, while you listen to your collection of music.
When you are looking to upgrade your car stereo system, having an upgraded stereo receiver is an absolute must. It heavily increases your listening experiences ten fold!
With all the fancy advancements in technology out there, its important to stay up to date. The kind of gadgets they have these days are mind blowing. The kinds of after market car stereos they have in the market are phenomenal - but they aren't all created equal.
In our guide, we simply touched on some of the best touchscreen car stereos available (see what we did there). Pick one that best suits your needs. Enjoy convenience as you hit the road with these touch screen car stereos. It’s a practical addition to your car that makes any trip extra convenient and enjoyable. Choose the one that suits your needs and budget best and have fun all the way.
Last update on 2020-05-31 at 13:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API