Looking for the best touch screen car stereo? You've come to the right place.
The market has exploded in recent years, with a proliferation of touch screen car stereos that can cater to your every need. The problem is: there are just too many of them.
Thankfully we're here to alleviate the pain and deliver a definitive list of the best touch screen car stereos on the market.
Luckily for you, we did few research work and found out the best touch screen car stereos options available in the market.
If we have missed any touch screen car stereo, get in touch through the comments below or reach us on the contact page!
Best Touch Screen Car Stereos
Any of these would be great purchases. Much of it comes down to personal preference. If you’re willing to shell out some serious dough, you can get some nice stereos, as there are great products in every price range.
Top 10 Best Touch Screen Car Stereos
The brother of the DDX-9702S, the main apparent difference between that receiver and this is its screen size. Yes, both of these are double DIN stereos, but because the DDX-372BT has a relatively large touch control panel and a CD/DVD slot on the front, its screen size was shrunk to just 6.2 inches wide compared to 7 inches of the DDX-9702S.
Admittedly, both are great car stereos, and the DDX-372BT is about $200 less and has a volume knob if that's what you prefer.
While the DDX-372BT doesn't pack as many features as its high-end sibling, it's still a great deal for the price. We do think you get a lot of bang for your buck with this receiver. However, its offered features are geared toward the average user.
Kenwood DDX-372BT FEATURES
- 6.2" touch screen with variable color button illumination
Fits double-DIN dash openings
Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
Pandora control with iPhone and Android
DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
5-band equalizer with 8 preset EQ settings
inputs : rear USB input, rear A/V input, rear aux input, rear-view camera input
The BOSS Audio Systems BV9358B Car DVD Player is an affordable solution for those who just want to try what the fuss with touch screen car stereos is all about. But, make no mistake, despite being a budget-oriented product, this touch screen car stereo feels a lot more than its price.
For starters, the 6.2-inch LCD touchscreen display is rather large. It also has many features found in more expensive offerings. This includes Bluetooth audio and calling, as well as pre-installed apps like Pandora and Spotify. It even has a DVD player and a backup camera, which is something that not all touch screen car stereos have.
The best part about this touch screen car stereo is that it is very easy to install with a clear and crisp display with adjustable lighting. It’s also easy to use, with a surprisingly functional equalizer and some good audio to boot.
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS FEATURES
- 6.2” touch screen with CD/DVD player
Built-in Bluetooth with microphone
Media playback support for DVD, CD, USB/SD, Bluetooth
80 watts x 4 max power
Inputs: USB, SD, auxiliary, audio/video, rear and front camera (Camera sold separately)
- Bluetooth - Answer / make calls and be hands-free with no distractions. The built-in microphone picks up your voice and your car speakers let you hear the person on the other side. Play and control your music and apps like Spotify / Pandora wirelessly
- Media Playback - Watch your choice of videos through the DVD player, play music through your bluetooth device, pop in a CD or use the USB/SD ports for more audio alternatives. Tune into the AM/FM radio stations for up to date music/news/sports
- Auxiliary - Compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 Players
- Inputs - USB, SD, auxiliary, audio/video, rear and front camera (Camera sold separately). The steering wheel interface allows you to use the existing functions on your steering wheel (interface module sold separately. We recommend the metra ASWC-1)
- Outputs - Use the front, rear & subwoofer pre-amp outputs to hook up your speakers (front left/front right and rear left/rear right) and subwoofer. The video output allows you to connect an extra screen for more viewing capability
This car stereo is as good as any other Pioneer car stereo unit. Built with a magnificent 6.2-inch WVGA backlit screen display, it makes every text in the screen readable.
It has a built-in 13 channel graphic equalizer, making it easy for users to view concretely and control which frequency you prefer.
The excellent hands-free calling as well as audio streaming feature make them one of the best choices of car owners. You may be able to buy the DVD receiver with a backup camera. However, you may also just buy the DVD receiver only if you already have the camera, since it is so simple to hook it up to the unit.
Although drawbacks have been seen by some users, like videos not playing right when USB is being used, many are still considering this unit to be one of their top choices. Nevertheless, it is an amazing product, with the added fact that you can play your favorite music through Spotify, ads-free even without Wi-Fi if you are a Premium user.
PIONEER AVH-X2800BS TOUCH SCREEN CAR STEREO FEATURES
- DVD/CD receiver has an internal amp that delivers quality sounds
Has a built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling as well as audio streaming
It can support two phones at once
Can do voice over commands with the Siri eyes-free feature
With built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
Works well with SiriusXM Sxv300 tuner that supports traffic & weather now, new tune mix, and sports flash Features
- Dvd/CD receiver with Internal amp (14 watts RMS cea-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming; supports two phones at once
- Siri eyes free with compatible devices
- Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control -optional adapter required for viewing video content
- Works with SiriusXM Sxv300 tuner—supports new tune mix, traffic & weather now, and sports flash Features
4. Sony XAV-AX100 Touch Screen Stereo Receiver
Its powerful amplification makes the music seem to be so refined that you hear them clearly and dynamically even at higher volumes.
What we like best about this receiver is that you can expand your sound system set up by adding in amplifiers and sub-woofers, whatever you prefer.
It comes with a 10-band equalizer that lets you customize your sound, and hear your music the way you want to.
If we could add one more feature to this unit, I’ll put in something to let you change the theme or color of the display and buttons, and customize things according to your mood and music.
SONY XAV-AX100 TOUCH SCREEN CAR STEREO FEATURES
- Has a voice control through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Designed with a 6.4" touch screen that lets you control and view everything.
Creates powerful sound with the 4 x 55 W Dynamic Reality Amp.
Generates virtual speakers on your dashboard with the Dynamic Stage Organizer.
Comes with a user-friendly digital rotary dial to free you from distraction during driving.
- Voice control with Apple CarPlay
- Rear view camera ready for easy parking
- EXTRABASS adds low end power
- Create virtual speakers on your dashboard with the Dynamic Stage Organizer
- Rotary volume for easy operation.Brightness:450cd / m2
It is fabricated with K2 technology for enhanced digital sound quality, a JVCKENWOOD’s original technology which reproduces original master sound by expanding the frequency range and the bit rate.
Just look for and choose the song you want to hear from the folder name and song name lists. I love the capability of the stereo to connect up to 5 Bluetooth devices simultaneously letting you and your friends take turns in streaming music like a DJ.
JVC KWV140BT DOUBLE DIN TOUCH SCREEN STEREO FEATURES
- Comes with Bluetooth for iPhone and Android.
Screen size is 6.2", appears to be an outsized VGA for a simple manipulation
Has a monitor touch control and a customizable GUI with a multilingual display, making it easy for all car drivers to understand and use according to their preferred language
Compatible with every music and photo format, MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, AAC, JPEG, MPEG compatible.
Has a built-in Bluetooth and hands-free calling
Able to support 2 phones for audio streaming & control, full-time connection, voice dialing and others
Comes with Pandora, Spotify control, a USB port for music playback and 1.5a charging.
Capable of tuning into AM/FM radio.
Equipped with a rearview camera input.
Has an amazing backup memory.
Includes wireless remote control read, steering wheel control ready and remote control application for smartphones.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology (Wired-Mic included)
- Bluetooth Auto Pairing via Smartphone Charging Cable
- Hands Free Call (HFP1.6 Wideband Speech)
- Audio Streaming & Control (A2DP, AVRCP)
- Voice Recognition Dialing
The AVH-4500nex DVD receiver integrates NEX or "Network Entertainment Experience", an innovative combo of cloud-based services and built-in features which connect with one’s tablet or smartphone to offer familiar interfaces and apps when you are in the car.
Though this is a nice stereo, some downsides are noticeable. One of which is, if there is a bad file in the SD or USB stick, the deck will stop up and it will not be able to play the next file so you have to power on/off the deck to recover.
Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX Double Din Stereo Features
- Created with a built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Also supports 2 phones at once
- Has a Siri eyes-free feature
- With built-in iPhone, iPad, and iPod control
- Works with Sirius Sxv300 tuner which can support new tune mix, traffic & weather updates and sports flash features
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Works with wireless and wired Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- Works with SiriusXM SXV300 Tuner -- supports tune mix, traffic & weather now, and sports flash features
With this DDX26BT, you can enjoy easy control of popular apps like Pandora and Spotify, built-in Bluetooth feature for hands-free calling as well as for streaming music, and it allows you to make use of your smartphone as your wireless remote control.
It is super easy to set up and pair with your phone, making it flawless for calling and music playback. The audio quality is fantastic and surprising.
There are many EQ presets plus a user-configurable EQ to customize sound. It has this loudness on/off feature, volume offset, bass boost and high pass & low pass filters if you are to run some subwoofer on dedicated channels.
The user interface is superb. It is easy to use, making it quick to jump into settings in order to connect new device, adjust audio, or make a phone call.
However, the screen resolution is not great at 800x480. The screen seems to be blacked out by direct sunlight so there is a need to adjust its angle to be able to view the screen clearly.
KENWOOD DDX26BT TOUCH SCREEN CAR STEREO FEATURES
- With a 6.2" liquid crystal display that is touchscreen and a resolution of 800 x 480, creating the screen clear to examine and navigate
Has a Siri Eyes-Free Control
Able to do direct iPod and iPhone control
Compatible with a standard USB-to-iPod Cable and USB-to-Lightning Cable
- 6. 2" Wvga clear-resistive touchscreen with variable-color button illumination
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- 1 A/V input (optional ca-c3av)
- Built-in iPad/iPod/iPhone control
- Rearview camera input with parking guidelines
The Corehan Double DIN Android Car Stereo isn’t the cheapest of the bunch, but it’s not expensive either. It also comes with an Android 8.0 operating system with downloads from the Google Play store enabled for added functionality. It also has Bluetooth support, MirrorLink support, as well as a GPS module for easier navigation.
Basically, in a way, this touch screen car stereo functions like an Android tablet in all but name. You can make calls with it with good quality and it functions perfectly like a radio. Also, because it’s Android-based, you can expect the player interface to be very simple.
Installation is very easy and it supports an added backup camera. The company, despite being relatively unknown, is also reputed to provide good customer support, so that’s a huge plus as well.
- Based on Android 8.0 operating system
Built-in quad-core CPU with GPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM
Mirror link support with Android and iOS devices
Built-in GPS module and external GPS antenna
- ✔CUSTOMIZED SYSTEM for PERFECT CAR DRIVING. It is based on Android 7.0, built-in quad-core CPU, 1GB Ram, 16GB Rom, Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS modules. At the same time, the double din Android car stereo supports Steering Wheel Control, rear view camera input and FM/AM radio with RDS. The customized Android system also supports downloading more apps from the Google Play Store, and expanding more features to help you to get more fun from driving.
- ✔THE MULTIMEDIA CENTER ON YOUR CAR. The Android car stereo is equipped with a 7 inch screen and supports video output to the headrest monitors. You can share music and videos to every family member in the car at any time. It supports multiple channels including USB flash drive, micro SD card, Bluetooth, through which you can get your music and video resources. At the same time, it also supports the Mirror link, simultaneously displaying the screen on your Android phone or iPhone on Android car s
- ✔THE BEST ASSISTANT in DRIVING. The double din Android car stereo supports Bluetooth phone calling to make your driving more safe. Supports to connect OBDII scanner, you can know more details about the engineer at any time. Supports to view rear camera input and driving recorder input.
- ✔LET the UNIT SHOW YOU THE WAY. Built-in GPS module and external GPS antenna, the double din Android car stereo supports navigation apps with offline maps. Anytime, anywhere, even in areas where there is no mobile traffic signal, the Android stereo can lead you to your destination.
- ✔TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT to BUY with MORE CONFIDENCE. We have detailed installation instructions and video tutorials to help you install the double din Android car stereo into your car more easily and efficiently. At the same time, we also provide 7*24 hours of after-sales technical support to help you solve installation and operation problems.
The ATOTO A6 Pro Double DIN Android Car Navigation Stereo is one of the more competitive touch screen car stereos on the market. Although it’s not cheap, it has plenty of functions that make it seem a lot more expensive than it is. This includes built-in GPS with AM/FM radio, as well as auxiliary audio and video input.
This touch screen car stereo also has a steering wheel audio control with a Toshiba pre-amplifier, and for high-quality sound, it has a nine-band equalizer, all of which can be accessed via the very responsive 7-inch TFT-LCD display screen that’s designed for optimal viewing even under broad daylight.
As a bonus, this touch screen car stereo has Wi-Fi connectivity and has a hand-gesture recognition sensor.
Thanks to its standalone subwoofer control, the sound quality is great and there’s potential to make it even better by investing in a better car audio system. The user interface is also very snappy and smooth with screen transitions happening rather quickly.
- SOC-based Quad-core 1.5Ghz CPU with ARM Mali-450 MP4 GPU
Vehicle Specific FM/AM Radio tuner with RDS
Built-in GPS Navigation module
AUX Audio/Video Input
Backup camera and dash cam support
Dual Bluetooth functionality
Easy-connect app with phone mirroring and casting
- ATOTO A6 Pro has all the features available previously on A6 Premium (vehicle pecific FM/AM Radio tuner with RDS, builtin GPS Navigation module, AUX Audio/video input,Backup camera/dash camera input/TPMS/Dab+ input, Dual Bluetooth for handsfree & data transfer, steering wheel audio control,Quick Booting, max 2A quick charge), and some extra & exclusive features;
The EINCAR Android 10.0 Car Stereo with GPS Navigation is a fairly priced touch screen car stereo with surprisingly good performance.
It comes with a rather large 7-inch screen and is equipped with a quad-core processor. Also it has Wi-Fi, 4G, and Bluetooth 4.0, as well as radio and GPS navigation with a rearview camera and a remote control included in the package.
Unfortunately, most of the more useful functions of this touch screen car stereo is reserved only for Android phone users. But, if you have an Android smartphone, you’re in for quite the treat.
The unit itself is akin to a tablet and it has a full HD display with multi-touch support and several wallpapers for you to choose from right out of the box.
- Quad Core 1.6GHz CPU with 16GB ROM + 2GB RAM
Built-in WiFi modem
Bluetooth 4.0 with built-in microphone
Support customize functions such as OBD2 function, 3G/4G Dongle, TV, DVR
Automatic Rear View Camera Input
Mirror Link functionality
- 【New Developed GPS Car Stereo with Pure Android system】 Android car stereo system is with Quad Core 1.6GHz CPU,16GB ROM + 2GB RAM,built-in WiFi modem; Compatible with the vast majority of Android APPs, can install whatever you like for Music and Video. Allowing thousands of apps download from Google Play in the car stereos, Android Car Stereo with GPS Navigation is not the equivalent of putting an Android tablet in the car, and has lots of inputs and outputs customized for working better in car.
- 【Built-in Bluetooth Head Unit】This in dash android car stereo with GPS Navigation comes with Bluetooth 4.0 and Microphone for hands-free calling & Music. Free External Microphone is included,making your calling and music more clearly. Also, this car stereo with Android OS allows you download music apps from Google Play.The remote control also allow backseat passengers to control head unit.
- 【Responsive Touch Screen 2 Din Radio】You can enjoy super-clear video with your family in the car stereo android; Widescreen display with 800*480 resolution,multi-color button,just like a tablet in your car. With our special designed capacitive function, the touch screen of the gps navigation stereos is much more sensitive than other resistance screen. It can feel even slightest movement from your finger tips.
- 【Support Original Mirror Link function】The gps car stereo navigation is armed by latest android 10.0 Q version which is the most supportive version with Mirror Link function. Compatible with most smartphones, WiFi connect for iPhone, USB Cable/WiFi connect for Android phone,you can control your phone on this in dash Android car stereo;Support customize functions,such as OBD2 function,3G/4G Dongle,TV,DVR,etc. If you need customize function,please freely to contact us.
- 【Automatic Rear View Camera Input】Backup Camera is included in the GPS Navigation Android Car Stereo!!!While connecting,camera would switch automatically while reversing or parking the car. This stereo with rear camera will help you avoid most accident,making your driving more safer and convenient. Also this 2 din radio (178mm*100mm*106mm/7"x3.94"x4.96”) comes with Plug and Play connector,it is very easy to install,you don't need to buy any extra adapter. It will be you Best parking partner.
What are the Benefits of a Touch screen car stereo?
If you are wondering (like I was), whether it's worth it to put a large-screen receiver in your dash? Here are a few good reasons to consider upgrading to a touch screen head unit. First of all, fantastic looks are a great starting point. Don't get me wrong, the look isn't the only advantage to a large touchscreen on your dashboard. There’s so much more you can get from a double-sized stereo. For example, you have various expansion and entertainment options like dual-zone functionality, nice big display for viewing videos when you're parked, navigation and a rear-view/side-view camera.. etc. And most importantly, you can see all the information you need at a single glance, ensuring your safety on the road.
Rear-view camera for safety
Rear-view camera (also known as backup camera or reversing camera), it's built specifically for the purpose of being attached to the rear of your vehicle to aid in backing up, avoid a Backup collision, and to alleviate the rear blind spot.
Having a Rear-view camera attached to your double-sized stereo will make it a valuable tool against accidents because the area that is directly behind your vehicle has been described as a "killing zone".
You may have a clear field of view with all of your vehicle mirrors combined, but it can be hard to keep track of everything that's going on behind.
To the contrary, a rear-view camera with its wide field of view offers a whole lot more of what’s behind you than using your mirrors, and you won’t have to turn your head.
Some rear-view camera manufacturers aren’t afraid to push the envelope. Their cameras offer an added degree of safety over ordinary cameras : moving object detection system - which is a self-explanatory terms. It means alerting you whenever a moving object is behind or to the sides of your vehicle. You’ll see the items outlined and tracked as they move across the display, and hear audible alerts that increase in frequency as you get closer to these objects.
Nice big display
Interacting with a large screen stereo is much more easier and safer than trying to read a 2- or 3-line displays of a typical car receivers. Believe me, it's just a whole different experience. It will make your life a lot easier when you're on the road. Bigger icons, split-screen capability, and more screen real estate add up to a satisfying car audio experience. You'll be able to keep your eyes on the road a whole lot better if you're not squinting at your receiver display, or waiting for the info to scroll by. All in all, everything you do with your receiver is easier and more convenient when you have a large, touchscreen interface.
You're a man on the go. You don't want to miss your calls, but you don't want to pull over to answer a phone call, and most importantly, you want to avoid getting penalty points, or a hefty fine for using your phone while driving, if that's you, then you should be looking for a car stereo with Bluetooth capability. Bluetooth lets you enjoy hands-free conversation and wireless audio streaming using your compatible phone. With a big touch screen on your dashboard, you'll also be able to see caller information and pick up your calls with a touch of a button.
User-friendly HD Radio™
HD radio isn't exclusive to double DIN stereos. Many single DIN car stereos are also equipped with this feature. However,it's just a whole different experience with a large touch screen stereo. You’ll see album art and station logos from broadcasters, artist and album info. Additionally, you can tag songs for later purchase from iTunes® right on the radio.
This is one of the best features of having a large screen. I mean it makes life a lot easier going through the menus and settings. Whether you’re looking for a song on your iPod, a favorite satellite radio station, or you want to tweak EQ settings, a big, colorful touchscreen makes finding functions intuitive and simple.
Not all touch screen stereos come with this feature.We believe that it's not a necessary feature unless you want to separate the rear-seat entertainment from the front. This actually will come very handy when you're travelling with family on those long trip and you want the backseat passengers to listen to their tunes or watch movies on a second monitor, while you listen to your collection of music.
When you are looking to upgrade your car stereo system, having an upgraded stereo receiver is an absolute must. It heavily increases your listening experiences ten fold!
With all the fancy advancements in technology out there, its important to stay up to date. The kind of gadgets they have these days are mind blowing. The kinds of after market car stereos they have in the market are phenomenal - but they aren't all created equal.
In our guide, we simply touched on some of the best touchscreen car stereos available (see what we did there). Pick one that best suits your needs. Enjoy convenience as you hit the road with these touch screen car stereos. It’s a practical addition to your car that makes any trip extra convenient and enjoyable. Choose the one that suits your needs and budget best and have fun all the way.
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API