Adding subwoofers to your car audio system will give you a solid and excellent low-frequency bass; something that will enhance your music listening experience. While high-quality subwoofers can guarantee brilliant sound quality, Best SPL subwoofers will give you the volume and vibration you’re looking for.
The increased fierce competition is the fuel that drives innovation forward. Many of our modern technologies stemmed from competition. In this way, car audio sound off competition drives innovation of new products including subwoofers, speakers, amps, capacitors, alternator power... Everything down to wires. Without dedication and competition, this industry wouldn't be what it is today.
We’ve had a ton of requests to start including competition subwoofers in our reviews. We've done a few. We feel we have left out some of the best SPL Subwoofers and brands, and well, we would like to redeem that.
The versatility of a good-quality SPL subwoofer is certain, but how would you choose the right SPL subs for you from the vast selection of available subwoofers in the market? To help you decide, we have prepared the following reviews for the best SPL subwoofers for 2020. Check it out!
Best SPL Subwoofers Reviews
If you are on the lookout for the best SPL Subwoofers, you've come to the right place! We've got you covered with the best SPL subwoofers that can truly vibrate the soul of anyone who dares to sit inside the vehicle where these subs are mounted. Once you mount these monstrous SPL Subwoofers in your car, you'll be heard miles away!
The ZVX-12v2 SPL Subwoofer from Skar Audio is the perfect SPL sub for those who want something that produces excellent output without breaking the bank. This dual 2-Ohm car subwoofer has a peak power of 3,000 watts and an RMS power of 1,500 watts which allows it to make good on its promise of a powerful performance.
Made of the highest-quality materials, this particular SPL sub is the best this brand has to offer.
It can withstand the aggressive nature of music played at loud volumes and still deliver high-quality performance.
Skar Audio’s ZVX-12v2 will give you competition-grade quality without spending a ton of money on the subs alone. With these SPL subs, you can have your every penny’s worth in terms of quality and build.
- 12-inch Dual 2 Ohm SPL Car Subwoofer
- Peak Power: 3,000 Watts | RMS Power: 1,500 Watts
- Massive Triple Stack Magnet & High Temperature 3" 8-layer Copper Voice Coil
- Competition Grade Paper Cone and High Roll Foam Surround
- Advanced Air Flow Cooling Design | Fs: 44.0 Hz, Xmax: 29mm
Although its 10-inch size may suggest otherwise, the SUMMOXL104 SPL subs from Massive Audio definitely packs a punch in terms of build and performance. These dual 4-Ohm subs have a peak power of 3000 Watts and an RMS power of 1500 Watts.
It can deliver a brilliant and powerful performance without sacrificing sound quality; producing a clear crisp sound even at high volumes. Adding to its overall performance are its superior build and high-quality materials which allow it to withstand playing music at really loud volumes.
Massive Audio’s SUMMOXL104 most definitely delivers on its promise of powerful performance with incredible sound quality, making it one of the best SPL subwoofers on the market.
- 🏅 SOLD INDIVIDUALLY | GREAT SOUND BUILT FOR COMPETITION | With features such as having a Large Magnet Size - Double Stacked High Energy Strontium Magnet Structure, and a Heavy Duty Rugged Industrial Textured Cast Aluminum Basket, and Over Sized Mirror Image Dual Poly/ Nomex Spiders, the Summo Series is one of the most popular Subwoofer Series used by countless high end Car Audio enthusiasts for big sound and high scores that toss the competition out of the ring.
- ✅ FEATURES THAT MAKE IT THE BEST OF ALL 10 INCH SUBWOOFERS | Don't take the risk of buying Car Subwoofer Speakers that Snaps, Crackles, and Pops after short use due to Cones and Rubber that are as soft as butter. The SUMMO124 Subwoofer features Dual Impedance Black Anodized Voice Coil Former with Kevlar Spunlace, Kevlar Fiber Reinforced Non-Pressed Paper Cone with Industrial Textured Finish, and Red Stitched Edge to the Cone for Added Strength.
- 💪 AMAZING DEEP BASS FOR ITS SIZE | "Sounds Good" is an understatement. The sound that comes out of this 10 inch Subwoofer Speaker will massively improve the sound quality of your car audio system. This 10-Inch Subwoofer of pure bass features 1500 Watts RMS Dual 4 Ohm to 3000 Watts MAX, 3 inch Voice Coil.
- 🔊 CRANK UP THE VOLUME | Are you looking to replace your Factory Subwoofer? Look no further! This Car Subwoofer Speaker is guaranteed not to rattle in any high volume. With our Black Anodized One Piece Pole-Plate for Added Motor Force, Heavy Duty Direct Input Wires Connection to Voice Coils, Reinforced Fiberglass Woven Dust cap for High Power Applications.
- 💯 MASSIVE AUDIO QUALITY GUARANTEED | Since 1999, Massive Audio has been an industry leader in high performance audio products. Massive Audio laid its roots in high quality audio reproduction through in-house engineering and a dedication to customers. Buy today, risk-free! ***Smallest Sealed Enclosure = 11" L x 14" W x 12" H
When it comes to power and versatility, you would think size would be a limiting factor. However, the CT Sounds Meso 8-inch subwoofer proves otherwise. With a max power output of 1600W and RMS power of 800W, it is capable of delivering a powerful performance despite its smaller size.
Moreover, these dual 4-Ohm subs can handle playing music at loud volumes without sustaining any damage, both internal and external, due to its superior quality build. Plus, with its 2.5-inch voice coils, it can suit almost any type of speaker, giving you a certain versatility that’s hard to match.
In terms of range, playing frequencies as low as 30 Hz will not be a problem with this model as it can handle low frequencies beautifully and brilliantly.
- 🔊 POWERFUL: Perfect Choice for the Price | Packs a serious punch | RMS Power 800W | MAX POWER 1600 WATT | Handles More WATTS Than Rated – BEAST of Subwoofers | Work-Horse | Produce High Sound Resonance | Best Car Subwoofer | Thunderous Car Audio Subwoofer | Experience Clean Sound without distortions | LOUD BASS | DUAL 4Ω (Ohm) VOICE COIL, Advanced Cooling System | Handles Tremendous Power at High Volumes | You’ll be BLOWN AWAY | Shipping weight – 28 lbs
- 🔊 HARD-HITTING BASS YOU CRAVE: Delivers serious power with TRIPPLE STACKED FERRITE MAGNET - Y35 Graded, one of the kings in the magnet world | Best Car Audio Competition Grade Subwoofer | Tremendous Motor/Magnet Force | Beefy Car Subwoofer | Performs at Peak Levels for Extended Periods | The Most Powerful, Affordable, and Reliable Driver in its Class | LOOK NO FURTHER, better than more expensive subs in the market | Powerful Bass Subwoofer for Car | Classic Competition Design with NO GIMMICKS
- 🔊 HIGH-QUALITY COMPONENTS: STURDY, Heavy-duty, Stamp Steel Basket Frame | SURROUNDED by High DURABLE RIBBED RUBBER | Beautiful Finish | Double Stitched Competition grade Nylon Fabric Cone | Longer Life Span | Poly-Cotton Blend Spider | Copper Tinsel Lead | 2.5" Dual, High-Temperature Voice Coil | Y35 Graded TRIPPLE Stacked Ferrite Magnet | 12 Gauge Speaker connector | Cutout diameter: 186MM / 7.3", Overall diameter: 221MM / 8.7" and Mounting Depth: 168MM / 6.6"
- 🔊 FABULOUS SOUND QUALITY: Produces Deep Low Notes with Pinpoint Accuracy | Smooth & Crisp Sound | MUST-HAVE Car Audio Subwoofer | Unique Sound Experience | Pure ROCKING QUALITY | Packs a Serious Punch | Advanced Air Flow Cooling Design | Better Quality Sounds | World-Class, Industry Leader | Meso is our Best Series of Subs | Best Bang for Your Buck
- 🔊 BEAUTIFUL CRAFTSMANSHIP: Highest-Grade Components | Utmost attention to Detail | Top Performance | High-Quality Car Subwoofer Construction | The Power and The Beauty You Seek | Aesthetically Pleasing | Powerful Car Audio Subwoofer | Conservatively Rated | QUALITY - RELIABILITY - PERFORMANCE – AFFORDABILITY | Car Subwoofer
Increased volume usually means increased sound distortion, though this is not the case with the Sundown Audio X-12 V.2 D2. This monster SPL sub was designed to produce the same quality of sound across all volume levels and frequencies, giving you a crisp clear sound even when played loud – and when we say loud, we do mean loud.
When it comes to power, this sub does not disappoint. This dual 2-Ohm sub has a maximum power capacity of 3000 Watts and an RMS power of 1500 Watts, enabling it to deliver a spectacularly powerful performance.
Moreover, its high-quality build allows it to handle this much power and volume almost effortlessly. With the Sundown Audio X-12 V.2 D2 SPL Sub, you’ll receive quality performance even at a soul-shaking volume.
If you’re looking for an earth-shattering power, then perhaps the Orion HCCA152 is the SPL sub for you. With its peak power of 5000 watts and RMS power of 2000 watts, you will receive a performance so powerful and loud, everyone will hear your arrival.
With this much power, it’s a good thing that it’s built and designed to withstand it. In addition to its superior and quality build, its enhanced built-in cooling system allows it to withstand the heat this sub produces as it can get hot which is not unusual when it comes to powerful subs.
This beast of a sub will not just give you immense power but also a high-quality performance, especially those low bass sounds - easily one of the best SPL Competition Subwoofers around!
- Power Handling: Peak: 5000 watts / RMS: 2000 watts
- Polypropylene cone woofer
- Rubber tri-radius symmetrical surround
- Dual flat conex spiders with loop stitched tinsel leads
- Enhanced voice coil cooling systems
SQ VS SPL
Whether you're trying to overfill your vehicle with bass or you're building the perfect stereo system that produces high quality music, there is the right setup for you. You may be aware of "SQ" or "SPL" terms. Understanding these common buzzwords will greatly help you decide on what kind of sound you are seeking. So, What's the difference between SQ and SPL? Read on to find out.
SPL (Sound Pressure Level)
It refers to sound pressure level (the boom in subwoofer), which basically means how loud a subwoofer can play. In regards to subwoofers, ported enclosures are usually favorable for SPL setups, simply because ported enclosures give you boomier and louder bass. This is due mainly to the ports pushing out more air and creating more pressure. Additionally, ported enclosures are generally more efficient in regard to the amplifier power necessary to make the subwoofers perform. Mounting your subwoofer(s) in a ported enclosure(s) allows you to use a smaller amplifier than you'd need with a comparable sealed enclosure.
Bigger subwoofers such as 15", 18" or multiple bigger subs are more common in SPL setups, as the more cone area the subwoofer has, the more air pressure it will produce. Sound Pressure Level is measured in decibels, which means, anyone can tell how loud your stereo system plays with an SPL meter.
In a perfect SPL setup, no part is neglected or omitted. Therefore, having high quality speakers is a must. Also, consider metal tweeters with bright highs to complement the booming, heavy bass that the subwoofers produce and to prevent the bass from draining out the high frequencies.
SQ (Sound Quality)
SQ stands for sound quality. It's much more difficult (if not impossible) to measure than SPL. It simply means that the system has an excellent sound staging and impressive tonal or musical accuracy. In SQ applications, sealed enclosures are ideal for subwoofers as they allow for tighter and more accurate bass response.
Smaller subwoofers such as 10 and 12 inch are more commonly used for SQ applications. Sound quality can not really be measured. However, a good subwoofer should be able to produce +/- 3 dB. It boils down to personal preference for the most part. So, if you're looking for a well-balanced, accurate sound and want to hear the music as it was intended, go SQ.
Car Subwoofers – SPL or SQ? : Settling the Debate
Now that we’ve talked about both SPL and SQ systems, and the difference between the two, it’s time to decide which one is better; they both clearly have their pros and cons – and there is always going to be haters on both sides of the fence but you are the only one who can decide what's right for you.
So, what's the best : SPL or SQ? well, this is not an easy question to answer, as everyone has different tastes and needs. Deciding between SPL and SQ is not an easy task because there are many variables to figure into the equation including vehicle type, enclosure, amplifier, subs ...etc. So, keep in mind that one is not necessarily better than the other, and it really boils down to personal preference.
So is it useful to talk about SPL versus SQ subwoofers? Yes, I can't stress enough how important sound quality is. Who doesn't like clarity, accuracy and well-balanced sound? Your ears will easily get tired of listening to distorted music. So, whether you are into SPL or not, Sound Quality is definitely something to consider when you're looking for a car subwoofer.
These are just some of the best SPL competition subwoofers available on the market. If you’re looking for the best among the best, then you cannot go wrong with the aforementioned SPL subs. They all pack incredible power and deliver high-quality performance at almost earth-shaking volumes. Pick your poison and start jamming out with these hard hitting subs! Enjoy!
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 13:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API