One of the biggest problems with cars is that, fresh out of the factory, most of them have subpar speakers. They’re great and all for the average user. However, if you want high-quality audio, factory speakers are not going to cut it for you. If you really want to turn some heads, you need yourself a subwoofer upgrade!
However, one thing that does turn people off with subs is space. Although your car sounds way better with a fresh new sub, they do take a whole lot of space. But not to worry – these days, you have some options. If you prefer to maintain having the trunk space but still enjoy deeper bass on your daily drives, you might want to check out a Best car spare tire subwoofer.
What is a Spare Tire Subwoofer?
A relatively new introduction into the car audio market, spare tire subwoofers are all-in-one powered subwoofer systems designed specifically to fit inside the spare tire hub of most cars.
It’s the perfect solution for those who would like to enjoy the benefits of having a high-quality and powered subwoofer. Yet, at the same time, not having to give up valuable trunk space, especially in sedans, crossovers, and SUVs.
Top 3 Best Spare Tire Subwoofer Reviews
Seeing as it is new to the market, finding the right spare tire subwoofer is both easier and more difficult. It’s easier because there are not that many to choose from. But, at the same time, it’s also harder since you don’t really know if what you’re looking at is a proven and tested product or not.
Lucky for you, we are here to help.
Below are our top 3 picks for the Best spare tire subwoofers on the market. Definitely check them out before you go out there shopping for your subs!
Straight from one of the most trusted manufacturers in the audio industry, the JBL Basspro Hub Spare Tire Sub was one of the first spare tire subwoofers on the market. It’s also one of the best, for reasons that you’ll soon find out.
The 11-inch subwoofer comes with a fiberglass cone and a durable rubber surround that guarantees that it will perform well and last long. It also comes with a 200-watt Class D amplifier. The two are complementary with each other, and because the subwoofer has 700 watts RMS, you can really expect it to shatter some glasses, sometimes even quite literally.
Further adding to the performance value of the JBL Basspro Hub is that it can go down to 30Hz which allows it to provide realistic and clear bass notes that really bring out the detail in your music.
- Deep, powerful bass with power output of 200W RMS with Bass Boost ranging from 0 – 12dB Variable @ Fix 50 Hz
- Dimensions (D x H): 14-3/16" x 6-1/2" (D360mm x H165mm)
- Frequency Response 30Hz – 150Hz
- Powered 11" Subwoofer
- Car audio Subwoofer
The Cerwin-Vega VPAS12ST Spare Tire Subwoofer is another premium-level offering from a known manufacturer of high-quality subwoofers.
This particular spare tire subwoofer comes with a 250-watt fully-integrated amplifier that’s been enclosed inside a cast aluminium heat sink that is responsible for driving the 12-inch low-profile subwoofer. This allows it to produce heart-thumping bass that can go as long as 20Hz (and as high as 150Hz), giving you a much wider range than you’d expect.
Speaking of wide range, customization is easy with this spare tire subwoofer. It comes with a wired remote control that lets you adjust everything from adjustable gain to bass boost, as well as a low pass crossover filter, and even phase control.
- Auto Power Cercuit : Power Status LED
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity : Remote level Control Included
- RCA high and low-level Inputs : Passive Radiator Design
- Slim 12" 4 Ohm subwoofer : Power inputs Terminal
- Dimensions: 14.2” x 5.7” ( 360.68 x 144.78 mm)
Because these are new products, most offerings aren’t going to come cheap. This is why the Rockville Rockghost hidden Powered Subwoofer Box comes as a very welcome and surprising addition.
Easily the cheapest among our recommendations, this spare tire subwoofer delivers punchy bass without punching a hole in your wallet. The best part is that it does this without making too many compromises. In fact, the 8-inch high-excursion driver enjoys 200 watts of RMS power on tap and peaks at 800 watts.
Surprisingly enough, this subwoofer can hit frequencies as low as 20Hz, and with a 20-foot wired dash remote, the subwoofer wire is long enough so that you can adjust it from the comforts of your car’s seat. The unit itself is protected against short circuits and overloads as well.
While, admittedly, this spare tire subwoofer isn’t what you’d call a head-turner in terms of performance, it does pack a lot of bang for the buck.
- Features: Rockville RockGhost Powered Car Subwoofer (Amplifier built in). Sub Fits Inside Spare Tire Seamlessly (Goes on top of spare tire so you can leave your spare tire in place). Hidden In Spare Tire - Takes up No Trunk Space. Protected against theft because it is completely hidden in the spare tire. 800 Watts peak output. 200 Watts RMS output. Voice Coil: Single
- For Full Size Spare Tire Wheel Sizes of 15"/16"/17". Extremely loud (loud enough to vibrate your mirrors). Super clean sound that is musical and will not fatigue your ears. When this is mounted in your spare tire, the sound transmits cleanly and evenly throughout the vehicle without any vibrations or unwanted noises. It actually sounded better and cleaner than an ordinary sub in the trunk. Tunnel air port design.
- PWM MOSFET power supply amplifier built in. Low level RCA inputs. 8” high excursion Subwoofer. Reverse mounting design. Plug and play installation with wire harness containing power, ground, high level input, remote turn on, and RCA input. Back plate mounts and screws right on top of spare tire. Can also be mounted in trunk or under seat but we recommend mounting it in your spare tire. Flexible rubber surrounds.
- Wired 20 foot dash remote with adjustable gain, bass boost, low pass crossover filter, and phase control. Deep and clear bass frequency. Auto turn on and turn off. Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On. Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit and Overload Protection Circuit
- Phase Switch: 0° or 180°. Low Pass Filter: 50Hz - 150Hz. Frequency response: 20 Hz – 250 Hz. Bass Boost: 0 - 12dB @ 45Hz. 20 Hz Subsonic Filter. Cast aluminum casing. Requires 10 gauge power wire. Dimensions: 14.17” diameter x 5.7” height. Includes all wiring needed for installation
Experience the best of having enough cargo space and enjoying high-quality bass by installing a spare tire subwoofer in your car.
But, of course, not just any subwoofer will do, which is exactly why we created our list. Hopefully, we’ve shed some light on some of the best spare tire subwoofers out there. These selections here, you’ll soon find out are simply a cut above the rest. Happy shopping! Enjoy those new subs!
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API