Don’t we all love listening to good music when we’re out on the road?
However, good music isn’t as entertaining to listen to when your car’s audio isn’t up to par, or so to speak. Even though factory-installed speakers aren’t bad, they’re simply not good enough if you want a pleasant listening experience.
Because of this, you’d want to upgrade your car’s stock speakers into something better – and that’s where the mid-range car speakers come in!
These car speakers give your sound fuller sound and a stronger foundation with a good amount of bass while also being capable of reaching into high frequencies with little to no problems.
Scroll down below to find our recommendations for the Best Mid-Range car speakers in 2021.
Top 5 Best Mid-Range Car Speakers
Mid-range car speakers aren’t typically regarded as among the best overall, which is what makes the JBL GTO609C special.
These 6.5-inch car speakers benefit from high-pitched audio thanks to their durable and high-performing soft-dome tweeters. The said tweeters also utilize what’s referred to as an I-Mount system that lets you do a flush mount or mount the tweeters on the surface of your car with dual-level adjustments for better volume control.
In addition to the tweeters and volume control, these speakers also have larger voice coils with extra copper which helps minimize the heat produced from using the system as you enjoy smooth and clear highs.
For added durability and performance, these speakers come with butyl rubber surrounds, carbon composite speaker frames, as well as vented magnet assemblies. Not to mention, because of the larger area available, there’s more room for air to move to help improve bass quality.
While it’s best to add in an amplifier to make the most out of this system, they’ll sound just fine as they can handle up to 270 watts, which is plenty enough for stock systems that usually use undersized wires.
- Carbon-injected Plus One cones are larger than others in their size class, meaning they move more air and make more bass
- Soft-dome tweeters feature oversized voice coils for greater heat dissipation and higher power handling resulting in smooth, fatigue free highs
- The patented I-Mount system allows unparalleled flexibility whether you flush- or surface-mount your component tweeters
- A dual-level tweeter volume adjustment helps compensate for less-than-perfect speaker placement, and can even be set to suit your personal listening preference and musical taste
- Low-impedance, three-ohm speakers compensate for the undersized wires found in many of today’s cars, and make the most of every watt your car stereo can deliver
The Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 Punch Pro was engineered for performance. Everything about it is bigger and geared towards performing better. This includes an oversized motor structure with voice coils built to withstand high temperatures, as well as a fiber-reinforced paper cone with a corrugated treated cloth surround for clear highs with minimal distortion.
Unfortunately, one main issue we have with these car speakers is that, while definitely in the mid-range price, can end up being a bit more expensive to set up than expected because they’re not sold in pairs.
If it’s any consolation, these speakers are backed by a 1-year warranty.
- The PPS4-6 Punch Pro is a 6.5" midrange loudspeaker engineered for high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) conditions
- Featuring an oversized motor structure, high temperature voice coil, a fiber reinforced paper cone and corrugated treated cloth surround, creating a highly sensitive speaker that is built for volume
- Pro series 4 Ohm 6.5” midrange speaker with power handling of 100 Watt RMS/200 Watt Max power and requires a mounting depth of 2.24" (56.80 mm)
- The PPS4-6 is sold as an individual unit (not in pairs) and includes grille and mounting hardware
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
The Kicker 43DSC69304 Car Audio Coaxial Speakers might look like a typical low-profile speaker. However, what belies its versatile look and mounting options are speakers that have a 360-watt peak power with a 90-watt RMS.
More than its power though is that they are very reliable. Kicker built these units like a tank. They’ll withstand daily use for years, especially with proper care and maintenance.
Although the lows have a bit of distortion, especially at higher volumes, the highs and mids are as clear as can be.
So long as you’re okay with that, these speakers aren’t half bad, especially given the price.
- Size: 6x9"
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Peak Power Handling: 360W
- Sensitivity: 92
- Frequency Response: 30-20k hz
The Cerwin Vega CVMPCL8.0 8-Inch Midrange Component Speaker is built to be used anywhere and anytime.
This full-range and all-weather speaker is very popular among people who frequent the outdoors. But, as durable as it is, its main strength isn’t how capable it is of handling the outdoors, but how good it performs relative to its competition.
With a peak power handling of 400 watts each and a 200-watt RMS for each speaker, as well as a 2-inch single-layer voice coil to help minimize sound distortion and manage temperatures while in operation better, the price you pay for the car speakers is well worth it.
Unfortunately, unless you need something that can withstand the elements, we wouldn’t really recommend paying for the added price.
- Power Handling: Peak: 400 watts each RMS: 200 watts each
- IPX65 compliant speakers, built for all weather use 2" single layer voice coil with black coated former Grilles Sold Separately
- Top-mount Depth: 3.24" Cutout Dimensions: 7.3" 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 99 - 7000 Hz Sensitivity: 95.4dB
Upgrading your car’s factory speakers requires a bit of tweaking most of the time. Unless you buy the Infinity KAPPA-86CFX Two-Way Car Audio Multi Element Speaker, in which case, you can fit these speakers easily where you placed the stock speakers of your vehicle and not have to worry about a proper fit.
The Infinity KAPPA-86CFX has a 100-watt RMS rating with a 300-watt peak power handling that uses excellent materials. This includes having injected carbon glass matrix frames, as well as glass fiber woofer cones and a fabric diaphragm for better high-frequency audio performance from the tweeters.
Between the respectable price, as well as tight and clean mids and highs on top of passable lows, these car speakers will give you a lot of value for your money.
- Power Handling: 100Wrms, 300W peak Sensitivity (@ 2. 83V): 94dB
- Frequency Response: 40Hz – 25kHz
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1-3/16 in. (30mm)
- Impedance: 2. 5 ohms
- What's in the box? 2 x Speakers 2 x Spacers 2 x Foam gaskets 8 x screws 8 x speed clips 2 x Infinity logo badges 2 x brand stickers Owner’s manual
It won’t be easy trying to look for the right mid-range car speakers. There’s a dizzying number of products to select from, each with its own set of specifications that can help make the process far more confusing than you’d expect!
Hopefully, with our list of recommendations, choosing the right set of mid-range car speakers has become a lot easier for you. Happy shopping!
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API