To put it simply, the purpose of an amplifier when installed in a vehicle is to boost the audio signal from the audio source to your speakers. As a result? Louder audio. However, choosing the right kind of amplifier isn’t easy as there are so many options and brands out there.
But today, we’re not here to talk about all the options and all the brands out there. Instead, we are here to talk about JL Audio - one of the most successful and established brands in the car audio industry.
You can enhance your car audio experience by investing in one of the Top 5 Best JL Audio Car Amplifiers in the market!
Top 5 Best JL Audio Car Amplifier
The JL Audio MX600/3 3-Channel PowerSport Amplifier isn’t your typical amplifier. It’s marine-certified with IPX7 water-resistance which means that it can withstand extreme weather, including but not limited to, being submerged underwater for depths of up to 1 meter for as long as 30 minutes.
There’s not a typical application that would need an amplifier that can do that, but if you have a boat or a yacht or any aquatic vehicle, having an amplifier that can withstand such usage is a good idea.
Of course, being robust isn’t the only reason this amplifier from JL Audio lands itself a spot on our list. Likewise, you can find myriad of features that make it worth the investment. For example, it’s a 3-channel class-D amplifier with DextD switching amp technology. Also, it has a variable low-pass filter, subsonic filter, and bass boost.
Lastly, the cast aluminum chassis is resistant to corrosion, which guarantees that the amplifier can and will withstand the rigid outdoors!
- Features: Marine/powersports 3-channel amplifier, 75 watts RMS x 2 + 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, 100 watts RMS x 2 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms, 200 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 3 ohms, Class D amplifier design with NextD switching amp technology, Front channels: variable high-pass filter (35-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave).
- Subwoofer channel: Variable low-pass filter (40-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave), Variable subsonic filter (20-40 Hz, 12 dB/octave), Variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 43 Hz), Polarity switch: 0-180°, Corrosion-resistant cast aluminum chassis — IPX7 water-resistance rating, Differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise coming from your vehicle's electrical system, Preamp inputs and outputs, Speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input), 4-gauge power and ground leads and a
The JL Audio XD200/2v2 Class D 2-Channel Car Amplifier is no longer as cutting edge as when it was first introduced a decade ago. Still, it remains an easy recommendation. This was one of the first to use JL Audio’s NexD High-Speed Switching Class D Technology, which resulted in small footprint amps with a relatively high efficiency of 80% or even higher.
Despite its relatively small frame, the XD200/2v2 can output true 200RMS from both of its channels and it has a high/low pass crossover under the brushed Aluminium panel that’s easy and convenient to access.
Installation of the amplifier is easy as well. Also, most of the bolts used are Allen-headed, including those for the gripping terminals. Then, once installed, you can use the badge, which is packaged separately, and place it on the amplifier for a clean and sleek look.
- RMS Power Rating @14.4V: 4 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan. | 2 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan. | Bridged 4 ohms: 200 watts x 1 chan.
- RMS Power Rating @12.5V: 4 ohms: 60 watts x 2 chan. | 2 ohms: 90 watts x 2 chan. | Bridged 4 ohms: 180 watts x 1 chan.
- NexD High Speed Switching Class D Technology | Wired HD-RLC remote level control available, sold separately | LED power (green), over-current (yellow) and protect (red) indicators
- Input sensitivity: Low level: 800mV - 8V | High level: 200mV - 2V | Frequency Response: 12 - 22,000 Hz
- Fuse Rating: 20A x 1 inline (not supplied) | Dimensions: 7.09"W x 6.85"L x 2.05"H
The JL Audio XD700/5v2 Vehicle Amplifier is what you get if you wish to drive a lot of power into your entire car audio set-up. It might be small, but it packs one hell of a wallop. As a matter of fact, this 5-channel vehicle amplifier can deliver 300 watts specifically to your subwoofers.
In addition to being 5-channel speakers, you can also high-pass the front channels of this amplifier so that you can run tweeters. At the same time, you can also band-pass the rear channels and low-pass the subchannels that might help to improve both low- and mid-bass output.
JL Audio also equipped the XD700/5v2 with their NexD technology. This allows it to boast high-quality audio without sacrificing efficiency. They have also added the Advanced Rollback Protection feature that prevents it from overheating by automatically making adjustments whenever necessary.
- 5-channel car amplifer
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 180 watts RMS x 1 (at 4 ohms)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 (at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 10-1/4"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/8"D
The JL Audio MX300/1 is another amplifier that’s best for those who are concerned about the elements. Although small in stature, it’s very solid to the feel and quite heavy. More importantly, the cast aluminum chassis is IPX7 water-resistant with high-resistance to corrosion, which extends to the knobs, switches, and even the sealed wiring harness.
Speaking of resistance to corrosion and durability, the MX300/1 a gasket cover for its controls, as well as stainless steel hardware in some parts, and finally, a powder-coated finish to complete the rugged look.
The MX300/1 is capable of pushing a clean 300W power into a 2-ohm load with support for both low- and high-pass features. On the other hand, it has a bass boost EQ with variable infrasonic filter, an adjustable low-pass crossover, and even an output polarity switch.
Paired with splash-proof speakers and subwoofers, the MX300/1 is an excellent JL audio Car amplifier for an audio system that can stand up to harsh elements.
- Features: Marine/powersports mono amplifier, 160 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms), Variable low-pass filter (35-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave), Variable subsonic filter (20-40 Hz), Bass boost (0-12 db at 43 Hz), Class D amplifier design with NextD switching amp technology, IPX6 water-resistance rating, Corrosion-resistant cast aluminum chassis, Preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input), Fuse rating: 35A x 1, 8-gauge power and grou
Are you looking for a dedicated amplifier for a powerful subwoofer, there are worse choices to go for than the JL Audio Slash Series 1200/1v3.
This mono amplifier can output 1,200 watts RMS at a minimum of 1.5 up to 4 ohms. Also, has 4-gauge power and ground leads, with a 100-amp fuse recommended for use for optimal safety. Also, has a parametric EQ bass boost as well, which can go as low as 20Hz and as high as 80Hz at 0-15dB.
While fairly large and bulky and without its own set of hardware or wiring, these are all small compromises to make for something so powerful and reliable.
If you want the kind of amplifier that can power your power-hungry subwoofers for hours on end without overheating, this is what you get.
JL Audio manufactures some of the best audio products available out there today. Although it’s not as mainstream as other brands, they’re known for making top-quality products. Because of this, you might as well invest in a complete JL Audio system and not just on a JL Audio car amplifier.
Their speakers, in particular, are made to fit on locations where you’d find the factory speakers on most cars. This makes upgrades and wiring very easy.
In Short, the choice is yours. But, if you’re looking for a quality amplifier, we definitely do recommend Best JL Audio car amplifier. Specifically, the 5 Best JL Audio car amplifiers that we rounded up above that we’ve found to be better than others on the market, including what JL Audio has to offer.
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API