For years now, the JBL car speakers have been dominating the American market because of their exceptional audio quality and efficiency. Established in 1946, the company, founded by James Bullough Lansing, has gained a solid reputation throughout the years.
They have been producing reliable and trustworthy pieces of audio equipment that meet the needs of their consumers worldwide!
If you are on the hunt for the best JBL car speakers in the market, you are in the right place. Below is a review of some of JBL’s top of line car speakers to choose from.
Our Top Recommendations for the Best JBL Speakers
If you are looking for an affordable option that will meet each of your basic needs, the JBL GT7 series should be on top of your list.
This speaker has an exceptional design and is made of polypropylene plus one cone that ensures its longevity. This alone makes it a solid investment!
In addition, it’s tight bass and smooth high end allows you to have the quality speaker that’s not only internally amazing but externally appealing as well.
JBL GT7 Component Speaker has a power handling of 150 watts with a peak power of 300 watts, giving you that boost when using it.
Lastly, as it can be twisted in various directions that you desire, you can conveniently adjust the speaker in any way you deem. This flexibility is one of the reasons why a lot of people purchase this speaker. You get a quality speaker at a very affordable price point.
- 2-way 6.5” speaker system
- It has a power handling of 150 watts
- Polypropylene plus one cone with foam surrounds. This prevents cracking and promotes safety.
- Peak power 300 watts and RMS of 100 watts per pair
- Have a frequency response 50Hz- 20 kHz that has a good impact on the bass and sound.
- 6.5" GT7 Series 2-Way Component Car Speakers
- Power Handling: Peak: 300 watts per pair / RMS: 100 watts per pair
- Polypropylene Plus One cone
- Foam surround
- 1-3/16" PEI edge driven dome tweeter
For those who are not necessarily tight on funds and would love to maximize their budget to purchase a good quality speaker, then this one is for you.
The JBL GTO609C Premium Component Speakers is one of the most sought-after speakers online, making it a worthwhile investment.
Although not on the cheap side, this is a high-quality 2 speaker system that is designed for durability and resilience, so it’ll really go a long way.
Aside from this, it’s also known for its clear sounds, so you’re sure that no matter how loud the volume of your speaker is, it won’t sound rough.
With separate tweeters, these speakers produce exceptional sound whether played at extreme volumes. That’s why it’s an excellent choice for those who are always on the road. After all, road-tripping without blasting music would be pretty lame. Boosting up those speakers with these bad boys and your in for a good ride!
- Premium plus one carbon injected cones that offer more speaker cone area to move more air and produce more bass.
- Dual-level tweeter control that allows volume adjustability.
- Patented I-mount system that makes it ideal for surface or flush-mounting.
- Can stand up to amplifiers powering 270watts, and this makes them suitable for head units or factory amplifiers.
- Oversized voice coils that help increase power handling and allow great heat dissipation.
- Carbon-injected Plus One cones are larger than others in their size class, meaning they move more air and make more bass
- Soft-dome tweeters feature oversized voice coils for greater heat dissipation and higher power handling resulting in smooth, fatigue free highs
- The patented I-Mount system allows unparalleled flexibility whether you flush- or surface-mount your component tweeters
- A dual-level tweeter volume adjustment helps compensate for less-than-perfect speaker placement, and can even be set to suit your personal listening preference and musical taste
- Low-impedance, three-ohm speakers compensate for the undersized wires found in many of today’s cars, and make the most of every watt your car stereo can deliver
JBL is renowned for producing quality audio products, and the JBL GT0939 is no exception. Currently, this one is one of the most purchased speakers from JBL. And for good reason - it's got some amazing features!
While this is a full-range speaker that is designed for those who have a budget, that doesn't speak for its quality. This speaker did not cut any corners. You can be rest assured it’s well worth the price point for the great sound quality you get out of it.
It’s also super easy to install that you can probably do it yourself over the weekend.
What makes this unique from the rest is that contains carbon injected cones inside, allowing the air to move more freely, so it produces better sound quality.
Lastly, this brand’s 3-way speakers can cover almost all types of frequency bands, so it’s super flexible, giving you a wider range when it comes to listening music. This means that no matter what music you’re playing and no matter how loud it is, you can still get quality music while on the road.
- Features carbon injected cones that allow the speaker to move more air. This also makes the speakers competent for producing more bass.
- Soft dome tweeters that feature oversized voice coils. This ensures increased power handling, high heat dissipation, and reduced distortion.
- Low impedance 3-ohm speakers compatible with most cars delicate wiring system
- Dual-level volume adjustment that is customizable
- 300 watts peak power
- 200 watts RMS
- 6 x 9-inch three-way loudspeaker pair.
- Plus One woofer cone with rubber surround
- Adjustable mylar-titanium tweeter and supertweeter with level control
- 300 Watts peak power handling; 2 ohm impedance
- Three-inch mounting depth
If you’re not willing to spend so much on a speaker, you can still opt for the cheaper ones.
JBL GX600C is one of the most affordable JBL speakers in the market today.
It has a great sound performance and can be great for enhancing clean up on the muddy midrange.
This may be cheaper than most other options out there, but don't let that fool you. With these speakers, you can still listen to music without irritation. Rest assured that it does not only produces quality sounds, but it also gives you an exceptional bass quality.
It can also compete with other expensive brands when it comes to producing highs and mids. Plus, it has a low resistance, allowing you to effectively use the amp power of the speaker. This makes it a worthy speaker that you can try. And while it does not have the other features that most expensive brands have, this can fairly bring justice to its own.
- Peak power handling of 420 watts and 140 RMS watts per speaker. This high power handling power enables it to work with high power amplifier without distortion.
- Made with polypropylene cone
- Great mounting depth of 2.63inch.
- 5-inch 2-way speaker brings the staging closer and ensures sound clarity.
- Low resistance speaker for efficient use of amp power.
- Woofers are installed in the factory system default location
Want a top-notch speaker with high sensitivity rating and clear sound? Look no further than the JBL Stage 6402 car speaker.
It has one of the best speakers when talking about power handling. It also has an injection-molded polypropylene, so you’re given more cone area and greater quality bass.
For those who are always riding while listening to loud rock music, this speaker is made to survive rigidity and sensitivity, giving you a robust and high-quality sound no matter how high or low the frequency of the music is.
The best part? It's super affordable! These speakers are one of the cheapest options you got by far.
Another excellent feature is the nice power handling. It's acquired as it’s designed with a PEI balanced dome tweeter. Lastly, as it comes with an alphasonic earbuds for free, buying one is worth its price. This speaker has one of the most several features in the market today, so it's certainly worth the buy.
- This speaker has a peak power handling of 210 watts and RMS of 70 watts per pair.
- The cones are made from injection-molded polypropylene that offers more cone area and large amounts of bass.
- Designed for rigidity and sensitivity to give robust music and low frequency.
- PEI balanced dome tweeter makes it possible for soft power handling.
- 90 dB sensitivity.
- The frequency response of 70- 2000 Hz
- Top mount depth of 2” which makes them compatible with a range of cars
- 4 ohms impedance that is great for delicate and undersized wires
Now, if you’re one who keeps on getting their things broken, then you surely need a speaker that lasts long, especially when you’re always on the go and are a music lover.
If you want a speaker that can keep up with you, then the Club6520 takes a long time to break or even crack even when exposed to sunlight.
All thanks to its UV resistant cones - this feature is not often found on other speakers, which makes it super unique.
This speaker is designed for people who are looking for the best car speakers to place on the rear shelf.
What’s more is that it produces more bass than speakers of the same size, something that some people really prefer. So, if you’re fond of listening to music with great bass drops and dope beats, this one is for you.
- Has a high sensitivity rating that allows the speaker to respond to power much better.
- A unique spec of this speaker is the UV resistant cones that don’t crack despite sunlight exposure.
- The three-ohm low impedance speakers can restore undersized wires that are found in most cars. They also make the most of each watt that your car delivers.
This is another one of JBL’s prime possessions. These car speakers that will enhance your driving experience and make it a memorable one.
As much of you already know, component speakers have a much better quality sound than their coaxial counterpart.
The JBL GT0509C is very much a premium unit - it has such an amazing sound quality that will make your investment worth it. It also produces heavy bass that makes every music sound more appealing.
On the downside though is that the installation can be a little tricky if you are new at this. That's why most beginner audioheads out there choose the coaxial counterpart. However you can really tell the difference when you do install these component speakers - it's a night and day difference! You can install these either on surface mounting and flush-mounting.
Lastly, as it’s designed with soft dome tweeters that have over-sized voice coils, you’re given crisp and clear sounds, and you can even manage the heat dissipation in this speaker. You can basically use it for days without having to worry about overheating. This makes it an excellent speaker when you’re traveling for longer periods of time. When it comes to those massively long road trips, listen to your hearts content, from the start of your journey to the end of it!
- The speaker is designed to produce large and heavy bass because of the carbon injected cones that move a large volume of air during vibration.
- Patented I-mount system makes it possible for the speaker to be installed either on flush-mounting or surface mounting.
- Designed with soft dome tweeters that feature oversized voice coils for clear and crisp sound and manageable heat dissipation.
- Adjustable tweeter volume to compensate for speakers with low quality.
- The speakers are low impedance and this makes them sensitive to delicate wires
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 5-1/4" carbon-injected Plus One woofer cone
- power range: 5-75 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- impedance: 3 ohms. frequency response: 67-21,000 Hz
If you are looking to upgrade your car audio system, a good place to start is checking out some of the JBL car speakers you got available. The above speakers are the best in the market and have appealing features that will really improve your listening experience.
Better yet, most of them are super affordable and can be acquired without breaking the bank. However, as you know the bigger your investment in improving your speaker, the better quality you are going to get out of it. So if you do have the cashflow, it might be worth your while looking into the top level speakers.
Be sure to compare the choices you got available them and choose the most suitable one for your needs. Regardless of your choice, you have some of the most solid choices out there! Pick your poison and start jamming out with your new JBL Speakers!
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API