Shopping for the best car speakers is a pretty daunting task. The sheer number of speakers available online or in electronic stores is enough to make your mind spin.
When it’s time to buy a new pair of speakers for your vehicle and desperation comes calling, all other priorities peel away, leaving price alone to govern the decision. But simply buying the cheapest car speakers isn’t necessarily the cheapest route.
Car Speakers are a bit of a mixed bag, so we went in search of the answer to an important question: What are the cheapest sounding car speakers to buy? Sound quality is an obvious consideration, but reliability can’t be ignored, either.
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the best cheap car speakers.
Top 5 Best Cheap Car Speakers
If you frequent any of the popular car audio forums, you’ll notice that the name Pioneer comes up quite a bit. Their products just seem to hit the sweet spot for a lot of guys.
Pioneer is one of our most-reviewed car speaker brands and a company is known for its high-quality products that are reasonably priced.
Pioneer TS-G1644R speakers are 6.5 in size, still, they can also fit 6-3/4" openings using the included mounting tabs. They feature the widest frequency range among all cheap speakers we reviewed, and they're rated for a sensitivity rating of 91dB.
TS-G1644R 6-1/2" speakers are equipped with nimble polypropylene woofer cones that offer plenty of punch, along with film balanced dome tweeters that'll brighten up the sound in your car.
Summing it up, the TS-G1644R are the best cheap car speakers on the market and for people who are on a tight budget and looking for a great pair of affordably-priced speakers to replace the old factory speakers in your vehicle, then Pioneer TS-G1644R are excellent choices.
- Size: 6-1/2" and 6-3/4"
- Design: 2-way
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Power Handling: 250 watts(Peak) / 40 watts (RMS)
- Frequency Response: 31-29,000 Hz
Rockford Fosgate Prime series speakers come in various sizes and are some of the best-selling car speakers on the market (the Prime series speakers in particular seem to be well-liked). And that's no coincidence.
R165X3 Prime speakers are simple – practically simply personified and their design is bare-bones, but not to a fault; it doesn't try to over-impress you with stylish and fancy grilles or a shiny look.
Rockford R165X3 speakers are 6.5 in size, yet they will fit in 6-3/4" openings also, these speakers deliver a well-balanced and refined sound output free of distortion.
Speakers are equipped with stiff polypropylene woofer cones that deliver strong drums and bass and the silk dome tweeter and piezo super tweeter on the other hand add the excitement of bright high-frequency response to your music without a trace of harshness.
Additionally, the built-in crossover routes the frequencies to the proper driver, so your music sounds well-balanced.
Frequency range could be the only con I could think of and what I mean is that these speakers don't hit as low as some of the other speakers we reviewed.
- Size: 6-1/2" and 6-3/4"
- Design: 3-Way
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Power Handling: 90 Watts (Peak) / 45 Watts (RMS)
- Frequency Response: 52 - 20,000 Hz
- The Prime R165X3 is a pair of 6.50" 3-Way Full Range Speakers that are ideal for that factory speaker upgrade you’ve been looking for
- The 6.5” speakers have a mounting depth of 2.15" and come with grilles and mounting hardware
- Perfect for replacing factory speakers, they feature polypropylene cones, a silk dome Piezo tweeter and midrange
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
Pyle PL63BL is one of the cheapest car speakers on the market, and quite popular. At most retailers, this pair of speakers can be found for under $30. That is a major bargain. However, these speakers would be a great cheap replacement for your old factory speakers.
Pyle PL63BL speakers are available in most sizes (4", 5.25, 6x9, 6x8, 6.5, etc.) and designs (2-way, 3-way, 4-way, etc.). and these are above-par speakers built with low-cost materials to keep the cost down.
The Poly injected speaker woofer cones will produce a warm natural sound which will naturally roll off into the subtle presence of soft frequencies produced by the tweeter.
Tweeters are made of Piezo that completes the overall sound by introducing a super-high frequency spectrum that's blended into the rest of the sound, which results in relatively balanced sound output at a very reasonable price.
One of the downsides is that these speakers are a bit lacking in terms of low frequencies reproduction (bass) and also tend to distort at high volume levels. However, these speakers are still a good stock speakers replacement. We believe that for the price, you really can't get too much better.
- Size: 6-1/2"
- Design : 3-Way
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- Power Handling: 180 Watts (Peak) / 90 Watts (RMS)
- Frequency Response: 90 - 20,000 Hz
- Top-Mount Depth: 6-11/16 inches
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- 180W RMS AND 360W PEAK: This 6” x 5” car speaker can provide up to 180 watts RMS or 360 watts peak power because it is a 20 oz magnet structure. A pair of 6” x 5” 180-watt speakers - carrying both the high and low end for a fuller range sound
- TRIAXIAL SPEAKER SYSTEMS: The 6.5-inch woofer features an eye-catching blue poly injection cone for plenty of stiffness without added weight. The 1-inch ASV voice coil is ready for high-temperature, high-wattage situations
- LOW IMPEDANCE: Pyle 4 ohm component audio speaker compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars. It also makes the most of every 360 watts your car stereo can deliver. Includes grills, wires and mounting hardware
- MIDRANGE TWEETER: Pyle pro-three-way sound speaker system has a one-inch neodymium film dome midrange and 3/4-inch piezo tweeter that completes the package. It helps to provide smooth, loud and detailed sound in each pair
- VOICE COIL: Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties giving them the advantage of longer play times with lower weights, ensuring low distortion and providing an open sound stage
Boss Audio Systems CH6530 is going to be the cheapest pick of the lot by far.
Suppose you decide to keep your pair of speakers under $20, we can’t think of a better option for a pair of speakers than the CH6530.
CH6530 is a 3-way speaker pair that can handle up to 150 Watts continuously and has a frequency response of 100 Hz-18 kHz, and it's rated a sensitivity rating of 90dB.
Boss CH6530 speakers are quite loud and sound clear, yet they lack much bass you'd usually hear with high-end speakers.
Bass would be the only cons that I can think as of now and to put it simply, you don't want to buy these speakers if you are a basshead.
- Size: 6-1/2"
- Design: 3-Way
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Power Handling: 150 Watts (Peak) / 75 Watts (RMS)
- Frequency Response: 100-18,000 Hz
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- Cone - Made from polyurethane, the CH6530 6. 5 inch car speakers provide a resilient and durable material that can offer great sound with the advantage of long lasting speakers
- Voice Coil - Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties. This gives our speakers the advantage of longer play times with lower weights
- Surround - Rubber has the ability to endure much punishment without any sign of damage. It complements the whole structure of the speaker by allowing constant abuse where it is most needed, without the wear and tear
- Basket - The stamped basket offers a strong and rigid platform allowing the listener to hear clean and clear music output
- Tweeter - A Piezoelectric tweeter is more resistant to overloads and can be used without a crossover due to its’ electrical property
Last update on 2021-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API