Finding the right stereo unit for your car’s audio system used to mean spending hundreds – even thousands of bucks just to get the features and qualities you want! Nowadays, you no longer have to sacrifice either your budget or the quality just to satisfy one or the other.
These days you can get a decent, well-engineered car stereo that offers as many features as they possibly can for only $200 or less. Some can even go as low as $100 and some even less than that. The advancement of car stereo technology has made it possible for those on a tight budget to get the sound quality and features they want and still be within their desired price range.
To help you find the right model for your car audio system, here are some of the best cheap and affordable car stereos for both under the $200 and $100 cutoff
Top 5 Best Cheap and Affordable Car Stereo Under 200
Best Double DIN Head Unit Under 200
The Sony WX920BT offers excellent audio quality through its intelligent audio processing feature that provides a crisp, clear sound quality.
In addition, this double DIN model has a wide range of input device and file format support, allowing you to listen to your favorite music no matter what device you’re playing it from or in whatever format you choose.
So, whether you’re playing from a smartphone or USB device, as an MP3 or AAC, the Sony WX920BT will be able to play it.
Aside from a superb performance, the Sony WX920BT also allows for more personalized look through its customizable colored lights, enabling you to match your stereo with the aesthetic of your car’s interior.
It’s also capable of connecting 2 Bluetooth devices at once, saving you the hassle of switching between 2 different devices. With this tech, you can play your music and take a hands-free call at the same time.
- Immersive audio: make music sound clear and natural, with powerful 4 x 55 w amplification and intelligent audio processing.
- So many ways to play music: access the music on your smartphone easily with multiple ways to connect.
- Customizable colors: Match the color of the lights with your car's interior.
- Lights that move to the music: synchronized on-screen illumination pulses in time to the Beat, or changes with the sound levels of the track.
This particular model from BOSS Audio Systems features a touchscreen design and offers numerous ways to connect your media devices to it – from Bluetooth to auxiliary and USB connectivity.
Not only does it allow you to listen to your favorite music via the wide range of input support, but it also allows you to watch your favorite videos and movies through its included DVD player, making long car trips and traffic jams a bit more bearable for you and your passengers.
The BVB9351RC also has additional pre-amp outputs, giving you the option to hook up additional speakers or screens and allowing you to fully customize and enhance your car audio system. This, coupled with its dedicated sound equalizer, enables you to have a truly personalized and one-of-a-kind listening experience, even while on-the-go.
- Bluetooth - Answer make calls and be hands-free with no distractions The built-in microphone picks up your voice and your car speakers let you hear the person on the other side Play and control your music and apps like Spotify Pandora wirelessly
- Playback - Watch your choice of videos through the DVD player, play music via your Bluetooth device, pop in a CD or use the USB SD ports for more audio alternatives Tune into the AM FM radio stations for up to date music news sports and more
- Auxiliary Input - Compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 players
- Inputs - USB, SD, AUX, A/V. Connect the included rear view camera and back up safely. The steering wheel interface allows you to use the existing functions on your steering wheel (interface module sold separately). We recommend the Metra ASWC-1)
- Outputs - Front, rear & subwoofer pre-amp (front left / front right and rear left / rear right) and subwoofer. Video outputs to connect multiple screens for more viewing capability. Front/Rear camera power outputs
Best Single DIN Head Unit Under 200
As one of the best car stereo brands in the industry, this classic Kenwood single DIN head unit offers excellent features at an affordable price. The KDC-BT562U offers plenty of input options such as Bluetooth, AUX and USB ports, and CD player that allows you to listen to your favorite tunes through whatever method you prefer.
It also features a Theft Deterrent Faceplate that provides increased security, allowing you to protect your investment.
Aside from this, it offers support for two simultaneous devices, eliminating the need to choose between your music or taking a hands-free call.
With its multiple connectivity options, security features, and excellent sound quality, the Kenwood KDC-BT562U is perfect for those looking for something that offers a great value for money without compromising on quality.
- TDF(Theft Deterrent Faceplate)
- 13 Digit 1.5Line LCD Display
- Music Search & Mixed Preset Memory Function
- Manual Dimmer Control Function (on/off)
This single DIN car stereo from Alpine offers superb features at a price that’s well within your budget.
The CDE-172BT features compatibility and many connectivity options for various media devices, whether it’s your favorite CD or music from your smartphone.
This gives you plenty of choices on how to listen to your favorite tunes
The Alpine CDE-172BT isn’t just compatible with various devices, it offers support for different types of file formats as well, giving you a large selection of options when it comes to the quality of your music.
In addition to various connectivity and compatibility options, this model also comes with a 3-band equalizer that enables you to fine-tune your music to exactly how you want it, making it the perfect option for hardcore and casual listeners alike.
Versatile functions with a sleek modern design, the Alpine CDE-172BT is perfect for audiophiles who are on a tight budget. It allows them to stick to their established budget without sacrificing sound quality.
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Features: CD receiver with AM/FM tuner, Plays USB drives loaded with MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files (See Details tab for model compatibility), 1-line high-contrast LCD display with variable color illumination
- Smartphone Features: Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming, Pandora Internet radio control with iPhone and Android, Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility), Built-in Android AOA control and charging of select Android devices using the USB connection, App Direct mode for iPhone, Siri Eyes Free Control.
- Audio Features: 3-band parametric equalizer, Premium 24-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC), High- and low-pass filters with subwoofer level control.
- Expandability: Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner, Inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input, Outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer).
With the Pioneer DEH-S5100BT, you no longer have to worry about compatibility issues as it offers support for multiple devices, whether you’re connecting via Bluetooth or a CD.
One notable feature of this model is the Pioneer Smart Sync which allows you to connect your smartphone to your car stereo and control it from there.
This gives you a higher level of control over your stereo and allows you to maximize both your phone and your stereo.
Other features include an option to customize the stereo’s light display, allowing you to fully personalize it and allow it to complement or contrast with your car’s interior.
It also features a capacity to insert a pair of headphones, giving you or your passenger the option to listen to the music while giving the others some rest. This is particularly handy when traveling with the rest of the family.
- DEH-S5100BT - Pioneer In-Dash 1-DIN CD/MP3 Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- FLAC file playback from USB devices
Best Cheap and Affordable Car Stereo Under 100
Best Double DIN Head Unit Under 100
Another car stereo with a touch screen design, the BOSS Audio Systems BV9358B has fairly easy to use controls and a large screen interface which offers plenty of connectivity options like Bluetooth, CDs, and AUX.
The availability of various connectivity options gives you more ways to listen to your favorite tunes or take calls while on-the-go.
It also has pre-amp options for you to hook up other outputs like additional screens and speakers.
Aside from this, it features an equalizer that allows you to fine-tune the sound produced by your stereo, giving you a more customized and enhanced listening experience.
The BOSS Audio Systems BV9358B is a car stereo offers convenience and affordability without skimping on the quality, making it an excellent choice for audiophiles on a budget.
- Bluetooth - Answer / make calls and be hands-free with no distractions. The built-in microphone picks up your voice and your car speakers let you hear the person on the other side. Play and control your music and apps like Spotify / Pandora wirelessly
- Media Playback - Watch your choice of videos through the DVD player, play music through your bluetooth device, pop in a CD or use the USB/SD ports for more audio alternatives. Tune into the AM/FM radio stations for up to date music/news/sports
- Auxiliary - Compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 Players
- Inputs - USB, SD, auxiliary, audio/video, rear and front camera (Camera sold separately). The steering wheel interface allows you to use the existing functions on your steering wheel (interface module sold separately. We recommend the metra ASWC-1)
- Outputs - Use the front, rear & subwoofer pre-amp outputs to hook up your speakers (front left/front right and rear left/rear right) and subwoofer. The video output allows you to connect an extra screen for more viewing capability
This double DIN car stereo from JVC offers plenty of excellent features to enhance your car audio experience without burning a hole in your pocket.
It features several different connectivity options including but not limited to Bluetooth connectivity, CD playback compatibility, and AUX input
Aside from this, it’s also possible to connect your Android or iOS smartphone and control it from its dedicated Remote app, a convenient option for those who need it.
Running low on battery? The high-output USB port is perfect for quickly juicing up your phone as you get to your destination.
The JVC KW-R930BTS is also capable of connecting 2 devices via Bluetooth, allowing you to switch easily between them at any time. This car stereo model also features the capacity to change its light display, allowing you to mix and match the colors to either complement or contrast with your car’s interior.
- DISPLAY - Large 2 Line display. Mix front panel illumination into separate colors or match them to your interior lighting
- BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY: Answer calls with just one push of a button. Make calls and be hands-free with no distractions. Also pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling
- Bluetooth enables you to wirelessly stream audio. This receiver will automatically pair up to an iPhone or an Android, and quickly switch between two paired phones. Control directly from your iPhone or Android phone using JVC's free Remote app
- MEDIA PLAYBACK: Plays Bluetooth /CD/USB/MP3/WMA/WAV/AAC/ FLAC, AM/FM, SiriusXM Ready, and Digital Media from Smart Phone AUXILIARY INPUT: This double din head unit is compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 players
- MISC – High Output USB perfect for Quick Charging, Built-in MOSFET Amp (22 Watts RMS/50 Max X 4 Channels) 13-Band Graphic EQ, 6-Channel preamp outputs (2.5-Volt front, rear, sub) Steering Wheel Control Compatible, English and Spanish Menus
Best Single DIN Head Unit Under 100
This single DIN head unit from Pioneer guarantees compatibility with various devices through the numerous options for connectivity.
Aside from the standard options like AUX input connection, the Pioneer MVH-S21BT features excellent Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to take calls even while on the road.
The availability of a USB port also enables users to connect their Android phones not just for music playback but also for charging.
Its built-in MOSFET amplifier allows it to power each speaker up to 50 watts per speaker.The Pioneer MVH-S21BT also features an RCA output that allows you to hook up additional components to your stereo like another amp or subs, enabling you to complete your car audio system.
The JVC KD-X260BT offers great value for money, with its various connectivity options and high-quality sound output.
It has been optimized for enhanced compatibility with smartphones, even having a dedicated control app to allow you to maximize both your stereo and smartphone.
It supports playback of different file formats such as MP3, AAC, WAV, etc, allowing you to play different types of music without problems.
It also offers a 13-band equalizer to help reduce road noise and for an enhanced listening experience.
It even has pre-amp outputs for additional stereo components, giving you the option to expand your system as you please. The JVC KD-X260BT is perfect for audiophiles who are looking for excellent sound quality output but are on a budget.
- JVC KD-X260BT in-dash car digital media Bluetooth receiver for iPhone/Android/USB
- JVC KD-X260BT in-dash receiver. Power output: . peak: 50 watts x 4 channels. Rms: 22 watts x 4 channels. Va LCD display. Spanish text display. MP3 ID3 Tag Display via USB (title/artist/album). am/FM tuner with 18FM/6am presets. JVC rm-rk52 optional remote control sold separately. JVC music play app available. Music sync effect. Authorized internet Dealer. 1-Year Manufacturer's
- Playback and audio features: MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC playback via USB. Pandora/Spotify/iHeartRadio control via Bluetooth for Android devices. 13-Band Graphic equalizer (10 Preset x 1 User). 3. 5mm Front Audio auxiliary input. Front USB Input. 1 set of 2. 5V preamp outputs (rear/subwoofer selectable). Bluetooth features: built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Bluetooth version 3. 0+Edr Certified. Bluetooth profiles supported: . HFP: hands free profile allows a hands-free car kit to connect to a compatible mobile phone. Hsp: headset Profile enables a Bluetooth headset to connect to a compatible mobile phone. Pbap: phone book Access profile allows the car stereo to display the name of the incoming caller, as well as access the Contact list of the mobile phone directly from the car stereo
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile allows high quality audio to be streamed from an audio device to the car stereo. AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile supports basic remote control functions (play, pause, etc) via Bluetooth. Works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones. Includes an external wired microphone for clear, convenient, distortion-free talking. Maximum communication rage: 32. 8 feet (approx., line of sight)
The BOSS Audio 508UAB features multiple ways to connect your media devices, ranging from hands-free Bluetooth to your favorite classic CDs.
Aside from various options for inputs, it also features pre-amp outputs to allow you to connect additional speakers to your system for a more complete and comprehensive listening experience.
It also has a built-in mic that enables you to take calls even while on the road without risking getting into an accident. Moreover, it features an equalizer that allows you to adjust and customize the sound to your preference, giving you an enhanced and personalized listening experience.
Another notable feature of the BOSS Audio 508UAB is the switchable tuner that enables you to tweak it to receive radio broadcasts from either the US or Europe, a handy feature for those who want to keep up with what’s happening in both locations.
- BLUETOOTH: Answer / make calls and be hands-free with no distractions. The built-in microphone picks up your voice and your car speakers let you hear the person on the other side. Play and control your music and apps like Spotify / Pandora wirelessly
- MEDIA PLAYBACK: Play music through your Bluetooth device, pop in a CD or use the USB port. Digital media support include MP3 and WMA file formats. Tune into the AM / FM radio stations for up to date music/news/sports and more
- AUXILIARY INPUT: Compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 players. Just plug in and start playing
- INPUTS: The USB port gives you the option to have a vast library of audio files at your fingertips. The Auxiliary input is a convenient way to hook up to your MP3 player
- OUTPUTS: Use front, rear pre-amp outputs to hook up your speakers (front left / front right and rear left / rear right)
The advancement of technology has allowed manufacturers to provide their consumers with high-quality products at a budget-friendly price point.
The products above are just some of the best cheap and affordable car stereo models available on the market these days. They offer great features at an affordable price tag, ensuring that you don’t compromise on the quality just to fit your budget or vice-versa.
While they may not have everything a car stereo has to offer, these models have enough features that make them worth every penny.
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API