Modern technology has blessed us with some capable Bluetooth speakers.
A quick stroll inside any electronics store and you’ll find multiple Bluetooth speakers for sale, and all at an attractive price point. But, the thing is, although they’re capable, they’re far from loud enough for serious use – especially if you want to use it during a tailgate party! They simply can’t cut it!
That’s where Bluetooth tailgate speakers come in.
Built for those who need a lot of volume in open spaces, the Best Bluetooth tailgate speakers combine loudness with an attractive design in a portable package. If you want some serious power, loud enough to be the life of the party during a tailgate, check out our guide to the Best Bluetooth tailgate speakers!
What is a Bluetooth Tailgate Speaker?
Just as the name suggests, Bluetooth tailgate speakers are built for tailgates.
For those that do not know what a tailgate is, it’s a term that originated in the United States that describes a social gathering where meals are usually served from the bed of a pick-up truck.
A tailgate is also commonly associated with sports events and done in the parking lot of a sports stadium.
But a tailgate speaker isn’t necessarily just for tailgate parties. They’re also great for outdoor parties and events. Like, for example, a good old barbeque on your backyard where it’s just you, your family, friends, and some of your neighbors.
How to Choose the Best Bluetooth Tailgate Speakers
Wired / Wireless
Wireless speakers are the ideal tailgate speakers. This is so that you won’t have to worry about messy wires.
Just make sure that the speaker that you’re looking at is capable of maintaining a steady connection via Bluetooth. Otherwise, the audio quality will suffer when you’re streaming music from your phone and using the tailgate speaker for audio output.
Now, if you do decide to go with a wireless tailgate speaker, make sure that you read up on a specific model’s battery life.
Keep in mind that many manufacturers will deliberately try to beef up their numbers. For example, one might claim that their speaker can last for five hours of continuous music, but only at a quarter of the maximum volume.
Another figure that you should pay attention to is how long it takes to charge the speaker to full.
The downtime in between charges determines just how long you’ll have to wait in between uses, or how many spare batteries you’ll want to have stocked up.
This is based on various factors. Picking a wireless speaker is the first step because it will be much easier/faster to set up and use the speaker versus a wired unit. If you’re having true tailgate party you can unload the speaker form your truck bed, fire up the unit then you’re ready to rock!
Then there are features that help make the unit easier to transport. They include handles and wheels in particular. Make sure the handles are ergonomic, and the wheels are oversized to make the speaker easier to move around.
Comprehensive warranties are always the best. Even if it’s only one year, it guarantees that the majority of all non-self-inflicted damages are covered.
When shopping for tailgate speakers, always check how long the manufacturer’s warranty is, as well as the guarantee. Also, check out what kind of coverage the warranty entails so you know if it’s only limited or not.
In addition to checking out the length and coverage of the warranty, as well as the guarantee, you should also verify if the company or seller is known for honoring the warranty and/or guarantee.
The best way to do this is through previous customer reviews.
Considering that you’ll be using it primarily for the outdoors, you’ll need as much wattage as you can get.
The best Bluetooth tailgate speakers are dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof.
The waterproofing part is especially noteworthy. This is because manufacturers might try to trick you. For example, splashproof, water-resistant, and water-proof are three different terms with different meanings despite sounding similar.
What are the Best Bluetooth Tailgate Speakers?
This is easily one of the best Bluetooth tailgate speakers on the market, and certainly the loudest one available from Aiwa.
The Aiwa Exos-9 has 5 drivers powered with 200 watts, as well as a 6.5-inch dual-voice subwoofer that’s responsible for giving it a combination of loud and deep lows. All in all, this model is capable of producing punchy bass and crystal clear highs, as well as mids. The best part? You can turn up the volume to max and hear minimal distortion if any at all.
What’s good about the Exos-9 is that it has a wireless system.
The 57 Wh lithium-ion battery is capable of 9 hours of unplugged quality sound, and if in case one isn’t enough for you, you can link two Exos-9’s together for a dual-stereo setup.
Last but definitely not the least, the Aiwa Exos-9 comes with a 60-day, risk-free trial period.
If nothing else, the Exos-9 is well worth a try. However, don’t blame us if you end up falling in love with it and keeping it.
- IHOME-STEREO SOUND, INSIDE OR OUT - With 200 watts of continuous power and 5 drivers, including a 6.5" dual-voice coil subwoofer, the Exos-9 delivers amazing stereo sound with deep bass, crisp treble and balanced mids. Distortion-free, even at volumes that will draw the attention of the local authorities.
- ALL-DAY BATTERY LIFE - Your guests will pass out before the Exos-9 does! Keep it plugged in at home or enjoy up to 9 HOURS of incredible unplugged sound with the included quick-swap Lithium-ion battery pack. Perfect for tailgates, camping, backyard fun, the beach, fishing, or any other outdoor activity where nature forgot to install power outlets.
- CONNECT IN SECONDS - Connect to your iPhone, iPad, any Android device, any Kindle tablet, Windows device, PC, or Mac with our with aptX and A2DP support. Android NFC also supported. 3.5mm audio jack for direct connection.
- ULTIMATE CONTROL OVER YOUR MUSIC - Crank the bass, mids, or highs with the 5-band onboard graphic equalizer. Use one of 4 available pre-set options or fine tune the EQ to your liking. The customizable EQ makes the Exos-9 portable speaker perfect for every genre of music, podcasts and audiobooks.
- THE AIWA PROMISE - We proudly stand behind our products. We offer a 60-Day RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE and a 2-year WARRANTY on the Exos-9. If you’re not completely thrilled, send it back for a full refund, no questions asked. We’ll even pay for return shipping.
If you’re looking to have your neighbors call the cops on you for turning up your music so loud, the Sony GTKXB90 is for you.
Jokes aside, the GTKXB90 is truly an audio powerhouse!
A high-end speaker through and through, the GTKXB90 comes with 3 tweeters and 2 woofers.
On top of that, users can take advantage of a feature called “EXTRA BASS”, which reinforces the bassline to output heart-thumping music that will have the people in your party jumping around like there’s no tomorrow.
With just a single press of a button, users can turn on the EXTRA BASS and watch as people around dance.
This is amazing when you consider that the GTKXB90 comes with a pretty comprehensive music equalizer, with 8 different presets that are arguably just as good as anything that you can manually set yourself.
In addition to its fantastic music quality, the GTKXB90 looks beautiful. Because of the “Infinity Mirror” lighting, users can create jaw-dropping visuals and liven up the atmosphere. Also, speaking of the atmosphere, did you know that the GTKXB90 is good for 16 hours of continuous playtime?
No, we’re not kidding.
You could literally pull off an all-nighter with the GTKXB90 and not worry about the battery running out anytime soon.
Now, what could be better than that?
- Extra bass for Deep, punchy sound
- Rechargeable battery for up to 16 hours of playback
- Light up the party with Infinity mirror lighting to create a True party atmosphere; Multi-device connection lets more people control the music
- Sony-music center app control sound and light effects. Music equalizer: EDM, HIP-HOP,R & B, POP, ROCK ,COUNTRY, JAZZ, SALSA, FLAT
- Fiestable app add more fun DJ effects, samplers and lighting effects
For those who don’t want to settle for anything less than the best, the Bose S1 Pro is right up there among the best Bluetooth tailgate speakers available.
The Bose S1 Pro isn’t just loud and clear. It’s both of those things, sure, but what makes it special is that it is equipped with built-in sensors.
These sensors then are aimed at multiple positions where their job is to find the optimal sound regardless of where you are and where the S1 Pro is placed.
With an updatable firmware, seamless Bluetooth connectivity, and a lithium-ion battery that’s good for 11 hours, the S1 Pro’s biggest setback might just be that it’s too easy to move that someone could literally just pick it up and steal it from you in the middle of a party.
- Big sound from a rugged speaker that goes where you do
- This portable Bluetooth PA system is made for parties, outdoor get-together, and all those times that deserve better sound
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing and inputs for a microphone or musical instrument such as a keyboard or guitar
- Built-in sensors and multiple aiming positions for optimal sound in any nearly position
- Get up to 11 hours of play time with the rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
Many believe that to have the best Bluetooth tailgate speakers, you’ll have to spend a lot of money.
This isn’t entirely true.
There are a lot of budget-friendly options available on the market. You just have to know where and how to look.
Luckily, that’s what we’re here for, and for the more budget-conscious users out there, we’ve got just the thing.
The Sylvania SP-328 won’t wow you with its specs. In fact, it’s fairly modest. But, make no mistake, the 4-inch Hi-Fi speakers guarantee that the SP-328 delivers just the right amount of music to your party, regardless of whether it’s being held indoors and/or somewhere outside.
The SP-328 also certainly doesn’t look its price. This is thanks to its stylish LED lighting.
Easy to connect with via Bluetooth, you can also connect to the SP-328 using an AUX capable.
- Portable Bluetooth Speaker, with Long Lasting Rechargeable Battery
- Easily Connect to iPhone, iPad, Android and any Bluetooth Enabled Device + Connect via AUX Input to all Non-Bluetooth Devices
- Huge Stereo Sound with 2 X 4-Inch Hi-Fi Speakers, Treble, Bass, Volume Controls + Blue LED Light Around the Speakers
- Charge the speaker quickly and easily with the USB charging cable.
- Accessories include: USB Recharge Cable and AUX audio cable
Speaking of outdoor parties, the Ion Explorer Outback 2 just seems like it was literally designed for it.
The rugged design meshes in quite well with the multi-color light bar that reacts to the music. However, if you’re not looking to add more color to your party’s atmosphere, you can always turn it off.
Looks aside, the Ion Explorer Outback 2 comes with plenty of features that make it a good buy.
For starters, the 100-watt tailgate speaker is IPX5 resistant. This means that it can withstand the outdoors to some degree. This is excellent because it comes with deep cup holders and an integrated bottle opener, which suggests that it literally was built to be used outside. Plus, as far as sound quality goes, the added bass button packs quite the punch for something so reasonably priced.
Also, just in case you’re looking to do some entertaining yourself, the speaker is actually karaoke-ready.
All you have to do is to plug a mic in and you can sing away to your heart’s content.
While the Explorer Outback 2 might not have all of the bells and whistles, it’s certainly a steal at its price point.
The NYNE BOOST takes weatherproofing and portability to a whole other level.
Weighing just 1.90 pounds, the BOOST is the lightest Bluetooth tailgate speakers in our list. Not to mention, it is IP67 certified. This means that you can drop the BOOST to a meter-deep body of
water for half an hour and not have to worry about it being damaged or anything. In addition to this, the BOOST is also shockproof and dustproof.
Mind you, the BOOST isn’t just durable. It’s also deceptively powerful too. Although you do have to make some concessions due to its size, the stereo dynamic sound responds well at any volume and the clarity is clear with minimal distortion.
Armed with long-lasting 20-hour battery life, the BOOST can also be used as a power bank in case you want to charge your smartphone.
If you’re looking for a tailgate speaker that you can literally take anywhere without any problem or issue, the BOOST is for you.
- 【Superior Stereo Sound & Clarity & Great volume】-Jazz up your party with the fantastic signature sound of the NYNE Boost Loud Bluetooth speaker.
- 【IP67 waterproof and dust-tight】- NYNE Boost is virtually waterproof (can resist water up to one meter deep for 30 minutes), dustproof, splash proof, shockproof and rainproof
- 【Bluetooth 4.2- Easy to pair, Auto reconnect】- Bluetooth Connectivity with 100' Range. Nyne Surround Sound Speaker Is Easy to connect to all Bluetooth enabled devices, including tablets,
- 【Ultra-long battery life】- Rechargeable battery with an impressive 20 hours of play-time, which can keep you entertained for nearly 400 songs or 10 movies!
- 【Built-In mic & 3.5 mm AUX-in 】- Hands-free calling, Windows 7 systems, TVs, and non-Bluetooth devices can be connected using the AUX-IN jack. Package:1 Quick User Guide,1 Warranty card
If you’re looking for a plain and simple Bluetooth tailgate speaker that won’t cause you any problems nor break the bank, then TOMPROAD has got exactly what you’re looking for.
When we said simple, we meant it.
The TOMPROAD is arguably the plainest Bluetooth tailgate speaker that you can find on our oust. However, it works, and that’s what’s important.
The TOMPROAD works with just about any device with Bluetooth with a working distance of up to 10 meters. It also has TF Card music playback, an FM radio with a 15 cm antenna, as well as three loudspeakers with 10 watts of power.
The TOMPROAD also has a built-in rechargeable battery that can last up to 6 hours.
Admittedly, the TOMPROAD lacks a lot of things, but, again, for its price, what more can you ask for?
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGN - Our Portable Bluetooth speaker is designed with 10W Big Power speaker configuration with loud stereo sound. Powerful stereo and subwoofer amplify lower bass frequencies; Unique loudspeaker cavity structure to deliver premium acoustic sound.
- EASY CONNECT - Portable Wireless Speaker Built-in bluetooth 4.1 wireless transmission, working distance up to 33ft range, Quick pairing any Bluetooth-enabled device, such as Android cellphones, Smart phone, tablet PCs and so on. You can also play audio from laptops, PCs, MP3 player via aux line-in.
- MULTI-MODES SPEAKER - Portable Multi-function Speaker. Support Bluetooth connection, Support FM radio, TF Card music playback, AUX input, U-disk music playback, intelligent remote control and digital display. Powerful features, multiple choices to enrich your life.
- PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER - This outdoor Bluetooth speaker has a powerful sound, Apart from playing awesome music at Home and Home Party, the speaker is also equipped with one short handle for easy to carry. Suitable for Outdoor, Travel, Kitchen, Camping and so on.
- WHAT YOU GET - 1*Bluetooth speaker, 1*Remote control, 1*AUX cable, 1*USB cable, 1*User manual. Our Worry-Free 12 Month Warranty plus our lifetime customer service makes your purchase absolutely risk-free.
Gone are the days when wireless meant compromise. These days, you can get powerful wireless speakers that can withstand the outdoors.
Our round-up of the best Bluetooth tailgate speakers is proof of that.
Armed with a bevy of useful features like Bluetooth connectivity, rechargeable batteries, as well as weatherproofing and portability, among many other things, these Bluetooth tailgate speakers are the perfect companion for outdoor events like tailgate parties. These are some of the top choices out there – excellent quality, power, and can really get the party going! Enjoy!
Last update on 2020-06-12 at 14:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API