Alpine is a Japanese electronic component manufacturer that specializes in car audio and navigation systems. They were founded in 1967 as Alps-Motorola — a joint venture between Alps Electric, one of Japan's leading manufacturers of electronic components, and Motorola — tens years later, Alps bought out Motorola's share of the company, and became Alpine Electronics.
Alpine has made a name for itself in the industry as a leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, offering a wide range of audio, navigational, and electronic automobile products such as security systems, in-car multimedia, amplifiers, speakers, and subwoofers.
For the purpose of this article, we'll shed some light on the Best Alpine head units that offer the best bang for your buck. Read on to find out.
Best Alpine Head Units Reviews
The CDE-164BT is one of the best single DIN head units that Alpine has to offer. It's very well-engineered and it's loaded with a ton of features.
As with all new headunits, the CDE-164BT comes with built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming. It also comes with a tuned microphone that’s engineered to reduce noise interference.
This headunit can also be set to answer your calls automatically.
And if you happen to listen to music and a call comes in, your music mutes so you can carry the phone call. And even if you receive a second call, you can put the first caller onhold momentarily by pressing “2” for call waiting mode. All in all, the CDE-164BT goes a step beyond the Bluetooth features you'll find on most other CD receivers.
What we also love about this headunit - aside Bluetooth connectivity - is that you can customize it using your smarphone. Simply download Alpine TuneIt App onto your iPhone or Android and create or adjust sound settings (Parametric EQ, Crossover, low-frequency controls ...) for your vehicle or choose from pre-made settings.
The CDE-164BT is compatible with SiriusXM. It has a front USB port and auxiliary input, as well as 6-channel preamp outputs. As for its power output, the CDE-164BT can send up to 18 watts RMS per channel, which is relatively enough to make your speakers sound great.
The only downside we can reasonably think of is the price. However, something this good is naturally expensive. So, if you're willing to shell out some serious dough, the Alpine CDE-164BT is a great option to consider.
- Soundstream DX-30BT CD/MP3 Car Stereo | Built-in Bluetooth V4.0 for hands-free calls and music streaming | Theft deterrent detachable faceplate with carrying case included
- Power Output: Peak: 75 watts x 4 channels | RMS: 20 watts x 4 channels | Wireless Remote control included
- Playback of MP3, WMA and other Audio Formats | AM/FM tuner with 18FM/12AM presets | Parametric equalizer with 4 selectable Presets (Classic, Rock, Pop, Flat) or Custom EQ | 2 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front and rear)
- 3.5mm Front Auxiliary Input | Front USB Input | SD Card Input | MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
- Bluetooth V4.0 Hands-Free Wireless Connectivity | Hands-Free Profile - Dials and Receives Phone Calls | Supports A2DP audio streaming | Works with most Bluetooth enabled cell phones
The CDE-W265BT is another great double DIN headunit by Alpine. It's well-built and packs in a wide array of features including Bluetooth, built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control, Pandora control for iPhone and Android, as well as a front USB port and aux input.
And since Alpine puts great sound at the top of their "to-do" list when designing car stereos, this head unit comes with extensive sound adjustment and settings that you can tweak to hit that sweet spot.
Additionally, and as with all new Alpine head units, you can download Alpine TuneIt app to your smartphone and start tweaking and adjusting the CDE-W265BT's sound settings to match your musical taste.
- CDE-W265BT - Alpine In-Dash 2-DIN CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod Support
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Plays CDs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- 2-line display with variable color illumination
Last update on 2020-05-31 at 22:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API