There’s nothing better than listening to good music while out on the road. Unfortunately, factory speakers often leave a lot to be desired. Either that or your vehicle’s factory 6x9 speakers are already worn out. Regardless, if you’re no longer able to enjoy high-quality audio when you’re driving, you’d want to go for an upgrade.
If you’re getting a new pair though, you might as well get the best 6x9 component speakers that money can buy.
Of course, that is easier said than done. This is why we’ve decided to just make it easy for you by doing all of the work by recommending you some of the Best 6x9 Component Speakers in 2021.
Top 5 Best 6x9 Component Speakers
The Pyle PLG 69.8 500-Watt Eight-Way speakers are engineered to perform in any weather. These 4-ohm component audio speakers might look small, but it compensates by having high-quality components. It has a 500-watt peak power rating with a 250-watt RMS, as well as a yellow poly-injected cone for added aesthetics and stiffness.
The 120 oz. magnet structure also helps to provide a smoother, louder, and more detailed sound while the yellow coated steel basket guarantees that it looks good once it’s mounted on your car.
Thanks to the half-inch neodymium tweeter and high-temperature aluminum voice coils, the PLG69.8 component speakers can enjoy clear highs for a long time.
As a bonus, the PLG6.9 comes with all the installation hardware needed. This means an easier and more hassle-free set-up as the package includes the custom installation grilles and wires, among others.
- Power Handling: 250 Watts RMS /500 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 45-22KHz
- Mounting Depth: 3.55"
- Weight: 10.82 lbs
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- EIGHT-WAY: The Pyle GEAR eight-way speaker is the latest series that has been designed & engineered for consistency and high performance. The 6 x 9-inch features an eye-catching yellow poly injected cone for plenty of stiffness without the added weight.Impedance: 4 ohm.
- 500 WATT POWER: The 4-ohm component audio speaker compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars. It also makes the most of every 500 watts peak power w/ 250 watt RMS, your car stereo can deliver with rubber magnet boot cover
- 120 OZ MAGNET: The 8-way car speaker system has 120 oz. magnet structure that completes the package. Helps to provide smooth, loud & detailed sound. Additional features include 45-22KHz frequency and 3.55” mounting depth w/ yellow coated steel basket
- 0.5” NEODYMIUM TWEETER: The non-fatiguing butyl rubber surround keeps your speakers secure & extends its life. Supported by 0.5” neodymium dome tweeter for sweet highs, high temp aluminum voice coil, 2” polymer cone midrange & 5 x super film tweeter
- INSTALLATION HARDWARE INCLUDED: This pair of Pyle eight-way car speakers feature a strong capacitor for an excellent performance. It comes with custom grills, wires, and installation hardware for easy and hassle-free setup
The JBL CLUB9600C is a great way to add some oomph and bass to your daily rides for a reasonable price. Even though these aren’t the cheapest 6x9 speakers in our round-up, the CLUB9600C is arguably the loudest of them all. Not to mention, it’s not just all about the bass. It comes with tweeters that allow it to provide a high-frequency range for a fuller and clearer sound.
Once attached to an amplifier, the CLUB9600C becomes even better as the tweeters and sub-tweeters shine. However, even without an amplifier, the CLUB9600C is a noticeable upgrade from your factory car speakers.
But, of course, as we’ve already mentioned, the highlight of the CLUB9600C is its overall performance. If you’re upgrading from factory car speakers, we don’t think that you’ll be prepared to just how much better the CLUB9600C will make your car’s audio sound better.
The CLUB9600C will also let you enjoy better installation flexibility as these speakers can fit on the thin spaces in between the car doors. You can also play both CD and radio while switching from the left to the right speakers.
- Power Handling: 90 Watts RMS /270 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 50-20KHz
- Mounting Depth: 3”
- Impedance: 3-Ohms
- Weight: 6.55 lbs
The Infinity KAPPA-90CSX is an easy product to recommend for those who can afford it. The 35Hz to 35kHz frequency range and 94DB sensitivity pairs well when you consider that it comes with high-roll rubber pad surrounds on its Plus One+ glass-fiber woofer cones for better lows and overall audio quality. Infinity also fitted the KAPPA-90CSX with a high-power handling capacity with a 405-watt peak power rating with a 135-watt RMS.
The KAPPA-90CSX is also musically tuned with a high-output 2.5-ohm design that ties in well with its high power handling and edge-driven silk dome tweeters.
- Power Handling: 135 Watts RMS /405 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 35-35KHz
- Mounting Depth: 3.14”
- Impedance: 2.5-Ohms
- Weight: 10.8 lbs
- Infinity Sound Quality Sound
- Plus One Woofers Cones
- Edge-driven Silk Dome Tweeter
- Musically Tuned, Bigger Power Handling
- High Output 2.5 Ohm Design
The Alpine S-S69C is available in 2-way and component speakers. Naturally, we’re recommending the latter. Although it’s not just because our round-up is about component speakers. Rather, it’s because also the better of the two, with the component speakers benefitting from Silk Dome tweeters that are conveniently placed just right next to the woofers.
The S-S69C also uses an inline crossover to minimize distortion while improving overall audio quality by making sure that the signals reach the proper speakers.
Mainly due to the tweeter’s quality, you can expect the Alpine S-S69C to guarantee that you have good sound quality even on higher frequencies. Speaking of, the S-S69C has a frequency range of 65Hz to 22kHz.
As for its woofers, the S-S69C has a woofer that’s made out of a combination of carbon fiber and plastic that’s surrounded by rubber insulations. This combination of materials ensures a durable sound stage that’s capable of producing clear music.
- Power Handling: 170 Watts RMS /520 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 65-22KHz
- Mounting Depth: 2.92”
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- 6"x9" carbon fiber-reinforced plastic woofer cone with specialized rubber surround
- 1" silk dome tweeter with inline crossover
- handles up to 85 watts RMS (260 watts peak power)
Now, if your factory speakers have blown out and you don’t have much to spend, you can either cheap out on a replacement that’s just as good or get something that’s better without costing a whole lot more.
The Kicker 46CSS694 isn’t necessarily cheap. These aren’t designed to replace factory speakers. Rather, these are meant to be an upgrade. These come with 12dB crossovers with a three-position titanium tweeter with neodymium magnets, as well as UV-treated poly-foam surround assists.
As a bonus, the Extended Voice Coil technology guarantees that the 46CSS694 isn’t lacking in the bass response department.
Easy to install with multiple mounting options and grilles included in the package, the 46CSS694 is good to go from the get-go and will likely last you for years whether you upgrade and get an amplifier or not.
- Power Handling: 150 Watts RMS /450 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 30-21KHz
- Mounting Depth: 1.97”
- Impedance: 4-Ohms
- Weight: 8.99 lbs
- The CS-Series delivers remarkable performance and ultra-clean bass, utilizing a heavy-duty motor/magnet structure with EVC (Extended Voice Coil) for even deeper lows.
- Superb woofer design guarantees a significant upgrade in sound from a dull factory speaker system. Phase plugs eliminate distortion for utmost clarity and accuracy.
- Three tweeter mounting options including flush, angled and surface pods
- UV-treated poly-foam surround resists heat or direct sunlight
- Neodymium tweeter magnets allow for increased volume in high frequencies
Component car speakers are overall better if you want to upgrade from factory car speakers. These speakers have better tonal clarity, sound stage, and imaging. At the same time, these are open to another upgrade in the form of having an audio amplifier installed. But, with these 6x9 component speakers that we’ve recommended, you don’t necessarily have to worry too much about installing an amp or not.
The quality of your audio inside your car will increase significantly regardless of whether you have an amp installed as long as you invest in these 6x9 component speakers.
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API