In a nutshell, a car amplifier’s purpose is to add volume to your car’s stereo system.
By boosting small audio signals to higher voltages, the right car amplifier allows you to enjoy fuller and louder audio while on the road. A six-channel amplifier, however, is something that’s beyond the needs of most casual drivers. But, then again, you wouldn’t be reading this if you weren’t looking for more, weren’t you?
Capable of basically powering a channel more than a five-channel amplifier, and two more channels than a four-channel amplifier, a six-channel amplifier will add significant volume to your car’s stereo set-up.
Unfortunately, choosing a six-channel amplifier is much easier said than done.
This is what we’re here to help with.
Below, you’ll find our picks for the 7 Best 6 channel amplifiers, check them out!
Best 6 channel amplifiers
The JL Audio XD600/6 is a class-D amplifier that uses a kind of switching technology known as NexD that lets it deliver clear audio without sacrificing efficiency. In addition to this, the XD600/6 is extremely versatile. You can use it in conjunction with all kinds of source units, as well as a variety of configurations.
The versatility of the XD600/6 is worth pointing it because it’s what allows it to deliver 100 watts into each one of its six channels.
As a six-channel amplifier, you can use it with 75 W x 6 at 4 ohms, or bridge four channels to stagger power and use it as a four-channel amplifier with 200 W x 4 ohms (front) on top of 7 W x 2 4 ohms (rear). You can also use it with two saddles of 75W each and two subs with 200 W each.
The “differential-balanced” inputs feature also comes in handy as it prevents outside noise from interfering with the signal on the inside. At the same time, it is this feature that lets you connect the XD600/6 to a factory dash stereo unit without preamp outputs. Also, if you want to tweak the amplifier in a convenient manner, you can add in an optional wired remote feature.
Backed by a 1-year warranty, the JL Audio XD600/6 is a worthy investment for a budding car audio enthusiast.
- 600W 3/4/5/6 Channel Amplifier
- For superior noise immunity, RCA jack inputs
- On-board Crossover: State-variable, 12dB/octave Butterworth with continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz. Configurable as Low-Pass or High-Pass. Defeatable.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 10.23 in. x 7.09 in. x 2.05 in.
Technically, the MB Quart NA540.6 Nautic Amplifier wasn’t built specifically for land use. Its main purpose was to be an amplifier for boats, or, to be more specific, bigger boats like yachts.
However, there’s really stopping anyone from using them in their trucks and SUVs, which definitely isn’t a bad idea all things considered.
What makes this 6-channel amplifier even more special is that the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) specifically built it to meet the standards set by the organization in regards to marine electronics. In addition to this, the ABYC also made sure that this amplifier meets the standards of the American Society for Testing and Materials as well.
To say that this 6-channel amplifier is built to last is only fitting.
But, then again, what good is a 6-channel amplifier if it’s merely durable and not a good performer?
To that end, the MB Quart NA540.6 Nautic Amplifier delivers, and then some.
Coming at an attractive price point, the main draw of this amplifier is its crossover. This is primarily because of how you can choose to individually tweak each channel to suit however your audio system is setup for the best possible sound quality. Also, this amplifier is pretty much as plug-and-play as any best 6 channel amplifier can be.
Once you’re finished setting it up, you can enjoy music that’s loud and clear enough to drown out even a boat engine.
Six-channel amplifiers are usually big, bulky, and powerful. They aren’t always equipped with the latest features. But, for the Lanzar HTG668BT, it has the distinction of being one of the few amplifiers on the market, let alone 6-channel amplifiers, that has Bluetooth.
Yes, you read that right.
The same technology used mostly in head units finds its way in this powerful six-channel amplifier.
With this functionality, you can install the Lanzar HTG668BT on your car or truck and stream music straight to the amplifier.
But, that’s not all that's great about this six-channel amplifier.
What’s also great about the Lanzar HTG668BT is that you can stream directly from the internet via Spotify or Pandora.
When you consider the fair pricing of the Lanzar HTG668BT, it’s hard to find any faults with it.
- AUDIO EVOLUTION: This car speakers amp features regulated MOSFET Pulse Width Modulated that maintain rated power over a wide range of battery voltage. Excellent frequency response rates place these amps in a class of their own.
- RCA JACKS: The Line-Out jacks allow you to build multiple amplifier systems without having to use splitter cords to distribute the signal. This makes it easier to bring one set into the first amp, then use the line out jack as the feed to the next amp.
- SOUND SPECIALIZATION: This high-powered Power Amplifier is cutting edge technology at its finest. Chrome RCA connectors and speaker screw-down terminals ensure a secure connection between amplifier and speakers that allow distortion-free sound.
- BLUETOOTH: With built-in Bluetooth, you'll be able to wirelessly stream audio from virtually any Bluetooth device. Instantly stream your favorite tracks from your smartphone or tablet, or favorite internet radio providers like Pandora, Spotify, iHeart.
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN: The car audio amplifier 6 channel safety features include power and protection LED indicators; soft turn-on/off; and thermal, overload, and speaker-short protection.
Don’t let the good looks fool you. The Pyle PLMRA630BT was built to take a beating.
Built to meet marine standards, the PLMRA630BT combines high powered performance with efficiency and reliability in any kind of weather. Mind you, this six-channel amplifier isn’t just water-resistant -- it’s waterproof.
Performance-wise, the PLMRA630BT doesn’t lag behind either. You can bridge it with multiple channels.
Also, unlike other six-channel amplifiers, the PLMRA630BT was built with the modern consumer in mind. It’s one of the rare amplifiers that have Bluetooth functionality, which means that you can use it with your smartphone and/or tablet.
As icing on top of the proverbial cake, the PLMRA630BT uses a heavy-duty aluminium alloy heat-sink. This allows for better heat dissipation, especially during prolonged use.
- 6 CHANNEL BRIDGEABLE AMPLIFIER: Pyle’s PLMRA630BT is engineered as a 6 Channel bridgeable marine amplifier that powers up your speaker and is universally compatible. It has a bridge mode selection switch and high or low electronic crossover network
- 2.1 BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: Built with 2.1 Bluetooth connectivity that has a wireless range of 25+ feet. Compatible with all Bluetooth devices like iPhone, Android, iPad and tablets. It even has a smart auto connect that remembers device pairing info
- WATERPROOF & WEATHERPROOF: The audio amplifier is waterproof with its marine grade rating of IP-01. It’s constructed with silver-plated stereo speaker output terminal connectors to combat weather corrosion with long term us
- SHORT PROTECTION: Built with a heavy duty Aluminum Alloy heatsink, thermal overload speaker short protection and LED light indicator. These are to protect the amp and your vehicle's electrical system from short circuit conditions
- POWERFUL 2000 WATT: This amplifier receiver is powerful with its 2000 WATT MAX and dual MOSFET power supply. Comes with dual adjustable input GAIN level controls between 2 to 4 Ohm speaker impedance
If there’s one company whose products deserve the benefit of the doubt based on the brand’s strength and history alone, it’s Sony.
The Sony XM-GS6DSP is no exception.
A six-channel amplifier, the XM-GS6DSP straddles between the line of budget-range and high-end amplifiers, but performs more like the latter. Although it’s not the most powerful amplifier out there, it’s plenty capable. This includes being capable of delivering as much as 600 watts RMS to a subwoofer.
The XM-GS6DSP also has other uses, including using the onboard crossover and bandpass filters to drive two tweeters of 45 watts each, a pair of 45-watt mid range drivers or speakers, and that’s on top of subwoofers with 90 watts of power individually.
The Sony XM-GS6DSP also lets you stream music directly to the amplifier via its Bluetooth feature. In addition to this, the XM-GS6DSP is compatible with the music center app of Sony so you can pair your smartphone with it and use it to adjust everything from the 10-band EQ and fader controls, volume levels, time alignment, balance, and more.
- Class-d amplification technology for high power
- DSP with 4.1-Channel time alignment
- Customized sound with app control
- Low and high Pass filters for accurate sound
- Heavy duty aluminum case
Another company with a reputation for manufacturing quality audio products, the Kenwood Excelon XR600-DSP is easy to recommend.
This six-channel amplifier uses the best digital signal processing capabilities that Kenwood has to offer. It then marries a litany of features with a small and compact casing that’s only 2 inches tall, allowing the XR600-DSP to fit inside even some of the most cramped spaces and installations.
What makes the XR600-DSP is the lack of physical knobs or buttons.
This is a turn-off to some, but a boon to others.
Utilizing software-based controls, users can only access the XR600-DSP via the proprietary DSP control app that’s available on either the Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS). But, while this might not seem advantageous, having total full control over an amplifier using a smartphone is great because it makes it easy to tweak the sound, even when on the go.
The XR600-DSP can also be used to power a variety of configurations, making it an excellent choice for both beginners and hardcore enthusiasts alike.
The only downside is that the XR600-DSP won’t work as a stand-alone amplifier.
Last but certainly not the least, the Focal FDP 6.900 is what we’d recommend for people with some serious money to throw around.
Costing very well enough for an entire audio system makes up for its high asking price with a class D technology to pack some serious power output inside a chassis that’s easily one of the smallest on our list.
The FDP 6.900 can deliver as much as 150 watts RMS to each individual speaker up to six and it can be configured to drive only four speakers at 15 watts RMS each while also bridging the last two channels to deliver up to 600 watts RMS to the subwoofer. In addition to this, there are other bridging options available.
The FDP 6.900 also comes with speaker-level inputs, as well as an automatic turn-on, and a filler section that makes it convenient to optimize the amplifier for your speakers and/or subwoofers.
Lastly, the FDP 6.900 comes packaged with a wired remote bass level control knob.
Although this might not be as fancy as other amplifiers that allow for smartphone controls, the knob does make it easy to adjust bass levels directly from the driver’s seat.
Best 6 channel amplifiers are some of the best that money can buy.
The six we listed above, specifically, will get you your money’s worth, and then some.
But, before anything else, make sure that you ask for professional help when installing these best 6 channel amplifiers. You’ll need to make sure that you picked out the right wire gauges, as well as have enough power on your car to support your entire set-up. Also, don’t forget to tune your stereo system once the amplifiers are installed to minimize any chances of blown or shorted fuses.
Last update on 2020-06-12 at 14:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API