We know that feeling of frustration from car owners when they don’t get to enjoy their car sound system enough. Nothing beats that feeling of getting good music delivered by speakers powered through a good amplifier.
Basically, a 5-channel amp is capable of running all four door speakers alongside a powerful subwoofer unit. It’s way better than a 4-channel amp because instead of having to bridge the sub connection, a 5-channel amp can deliver plenty of power to the subwoofer in a single dedicated channel.
If you’re going to get the best out of any car audio system setup, then you’ll need to invest some extra bucks to get impressive results. We’ll take you through the top 5 list of best 5 channel amps. Let’s jump right in.
1. Pioneer GM D9605
The Pioneer GM D9605 remains our top pick among others because it has enough power it could run a whole city—2000 watts of maximum power! Each full-range channel has 100 watts and it still has 600 watts to accommodate a sub.
You don’t have to worry about space if your vehicle is small because it’s got a really nice compact design.
This is the only 5 channel amp model in the Pioneer D – series. You can modify it into a 3 channel amp by bridging 1 and 2 and also 3 and 4.
One major setback for this amp is that it heats up quite badly after some time at high volume. Get a really nice ventilation around it and you’ll have no worries.
- Full 5 channels convertible into 3 channel operation by bridging.
- Low-pass filter for adjusting audio frequency to suit subwoofer requirements.
- Bass boost remote like no other amp can produce.
- Frequency response of 10Hz – 50kHz for Channel A/B and 10Hz – 50kHz for sub channel.
- Maximum power output of 2000W with RMS power of 75W*4 (A/B) and 350W sub at 4Ω.
- Compact unit
- Bridgeable Channels
- Strong power production
- Overheats with time
- Slight hissing when engine is off
- Class D Amp With Variable Low-pass Filter
- Compact Design
- Load Impedance Allowance - 2 to 4 ohm
- 5 Channels
2. Planet Audio Anarchy AC1800.5
The great deal of flexibility offered by this Anarchy model enables you to go overboard with custom features beyond the normal amp limits. Capable of delivering excellent sound with an RMS of 225 watts for all four door speakers and 450 watts to the sub channel at 2 ohms, this amp is unarguably worth being on this list.
With a really loud stereo at only 3/4 of max volume, you can be pretty sure that it’s going to blow off your eardrums if it remains so for an extended period.
Heating up issues are not common with this 5-channel amp except in cases of bridging. It’s an excellent choice for anyone looking to purchase a good quality amplifier for their car audio system.
Specs / Features:
- Total output power of 1800W with RMS power of 113W*4 at 4Ω. The speaker impedance accepted range is between 2 – 8 Ω.
- Variable high and low pass filters gives you control over full channel speakers and subwoofer.
- Frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz.
- Equipped with low current MOSFET power supply which is great for use in car audio.
- Heat-sensitive protection circuit prevents against any potential hazards by automatically turning off the amplifier.
- Powerful bass audio
- Very sensitive gains
- Individual built-in crossovers for each channel
- Sound clarity with no distortion
- Extremely durable
- Overrated power
- Overheating issues
- 300 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 4 Channels
- 150 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 4 Channels
- 600 W MAX Bridged Power @ 4 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 600 W 5th Channel MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 300 W 5th Channel MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
3. Rockford Fosgate R600X5
Want to get the best bang for your buck? The Rockford Fosgate R600X5 is designed to power up your entire car audio system, doing this in a distinct way. It combines the features of classes A, B and D amps providing the best sound quality along with reduced overheating and superb efficiency.
It boasts of an RMS power rating of 50 watts to power the front and rear speakers and 200 watts channeled to your sub at an impedance of 4 ohms. The R600X5 is pretty easy to install and allows for freedom to bridge the amp when needed.
This amplifier is going to make you answer questions from friends who envy your car audio system. It’s a really perfect amp and you won’t get any better than this.
Specs / Features:
- 5 channel available for powering four door speakers and a subwoofer. Channels can be bridged for better sub performance.
- Delivers up to 75W of power to each of its 4 channels and an additional 300W at 2Ω for its subwoofer channel; a total of 600W RMS.
- MOSFET power supply ensures optimum performance even on low current.
- Remote mounted bass boost knob for subwoofer channel.
- Crisp clear sound
- Reliable for its price
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Does not come with speaker or audio wires
- Low power when compared to certain amps
- 50 Watts x 4 + 200 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm / 75 Watt x 4 + 300 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohm
- Accepts High Level & RCA Level Input
- Cast aluminum heatsink with Top Mount Controls
- 12dB/octave crossover. MOSFET power supply
- 4 Gauge power/ground connectors. The R600X5 produces up to 75 Watts into each of its four channels with a dedicated subwoofer channel capable of producing 300 Watts into 2-Ohms.
4. Rockville Phenom RXH-F5
I’d never have a list of top car amplifiers and fail to mention the Rockville RXH-F5 5 channel amp. This amplifier is kicking and definitely pounds the jams! It boasts up to 3200W of power and, as a 5-channel amp, it perfectly runs the door speakers and a subwoofer unit with no issues.
It has been tested to CEA specifications to make sure that it delivers as expected. This is great as you can use its CEA compliant rating to compare with other brands. It has a CEA compliant rating of 550 watts at 4 ohms and 800 watts at 2 ohms.
The RXH-F5 is essentially made up of 2 amplifiers combined as one—the 4 channel class A/B amp and a mono class ‘D’ amp. It also features an endless amount of configuration to provide extra versatility in its function.
You might be tempted to ignore this low price amp but we advise that you do not fall for that because you’ll be astounded by its audio performance.
Specs / Features:
- High-speed MOSFET power supply
- CEA compliant power ratings: 4*50W + 1*350W at 4Ω and 4*75W + 1*500W at 2Ω.
- RMS Power maximum rating of 1600W at 2Ω.
- Remote dashboard subwoofer control.
- Frequency response range of 10Hz – 40kHz.
- Low cost
- Multi-function amp utilization
- Extra solid build amp
- Great power to run speakers
- Can get very hot
- Strained sound quality at high volumes
- Inconsistent durability
- Rockville RXH-F5 3200 Watt Peak/1600w RMS 5 Channel Car Stereo Amplifier. CEA Compliant Power Ratings:. 4 Ohms: 550 Watts (4 x 50 Watts + 1 x 350) at 4 ohms and 1% THD+N. 2
- Channels 1 through 4 are class A/B and channel 5 is mono class "D". High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply. Studio-Grade Bipolar Output Stage Transistors. Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry.
- CH3 & CH4 Low Pass 500Hz - 3KHz. CH5 Low Pass 50Hz - 250Hz. CH3 & CH4 High Pass 50Hz - 1KHz. High Level Input Auto Start Smart Turn-On. Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry. Remote Dashboard Subwoofer Control. Fully Adjustable Bass Equalization Control.
- 2 Ohm Stable Stereo. 4 Ohm Mono Bridgeable. 3 Channel Mixed-Mono Capable. Channel 5 - 2 Ohm Mono Capable. 2 CH / 4 CH / 5 CH Input Mode Selector.
- ELNA Brand Audiophile Quality Capacitors. Status Mode LED Indicator. Minimum THD at Rated Power: < 0.05%. S / N Ratio: > 100dB.
5. Sony XM-GS6DSP
It has front 4 channels that can power up your door speakers at 45W each and 2 subwoofer channels at 175W each. You can bridge the sub channels at 600W and still use a 2Ω sub speaker adding to its flexibility.
The Sony XM-GS6DSP has an in-built Bluetooth feature for controlling and setting up the amp with a Sony app. If you’re a modern day user in love with tech, this amp allows you to stream music using your phone without any radio.
It’s versatile and comes in a sleek design. It sounds just as great as it looks and doesn’t require much stress for installation. Nice compact look enables you to tuck this nicely underneath your passenger seat or somewhere else. We definitely recommend this amp for a rocking car experience.
Specs / Features:
- Class ‘D’ amplification technology boosts the sound of your car stereo without altering its look.
- Time alignment which always sets you in the correct sound field.
- Bluetooth pairing with your smartphone which allows you to adjust amp settings and stream music from your mobile apps.
- Amazing versatility to suit your choice of car audio setup and variable high and low pass filters ensure optimal crossover management.
- High quality inductors with rectangular OFC wires and capacitors for smoothing boosted voltage.
- RMS power rating of 4*45W at 4Ω + 1*350W (sub) at 4Ω and 2*90W + 1*600W (sub) at 2Ω.
- Small size
- Low sound interference
- Crisp and clear highs
- Integrated cooling fan
- Quite expensive
- Questionable power rating
- Class-d amplification technology for high power
- DSP with 4.1-Channel time alignment
- Customized sound with app control
- Low and high Pass filters for accurate sound
- Heavy duty aluminum case
So there you have it—our insight of the best 5 channel amp! We expect that this guide has been very helpful to assist you in making the best decision on which amp to purchase.
Be sure to check out my top pick for a 5 channel amplifier. The Pioneer GM D9605 is a really great amp with a lot to offer. You won’t be disappointed.